The wind out of your sails

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by wishiwasfishin, Nov 9, 2006.

1. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Do you ever get the feeling that all the wind has been taken out of your sails or that every road you try to take just seem to be a worse then the one you got off of. What about just a empty feeling of nothing inside. What if you don't feel love or remorse anymore or maybe you just want a place to go hide. Sorry folks just feeling a little down and maybe a little sick. If you know the true feeling of blue then i feel so sorry to hear it but if you think it's just a phrase then I hope you never find out.

2. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    The Blues are more than a phrase or a song. Also a state of mind. Even children get the blues. Don't apologise. We are all in this together. I don't know anyone that hasn't had the blues. I hope whatever your circumstances, that things get better for you. If you can't get out the door, look for a window. If you feel dead inside, look for life outside. Pray even if you think God isn't listening. You don't give up fishing. You don't give up life or the hope of catching happiness.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It depends on how long you ben feelin this way! If it's just a few days it's the blues 2 weeks or longer it's clinical depression.Please send me a PM Sir I truly understand you! I will pray for you and hope I hear from you soon!:smile2:

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    jason , life is what we make it .
    change the things you can and dont worry about the things you cant change .
    hold your head high and laugh :lol: as much as you can its better than crying and puts happiness in the air
    i too have bouts of depression as im sure most every one does whether they care to admitt it or not , hang in there and it will get better

5. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    I been holding my head high for sometime but I guess things have a way of catching up to you

6. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    just remember bro, when your down to nuttin, god's up to sumthin

7. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Jason, I know what you are feeling,if it is getting worse you need to see a DR. I fought it for3 yrs by my self and finnly adimited I had deprission and went to the DR What a differrence it has made in my life, not that every in my life goes the way I want it to, but at least now I can hadle it Hang in there buddy,nothing is owrth makein your life that sad

8. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hang in there Jason I am BiPolar and suffer from depression I know what ya feeling man... I can go for weeks feeling on top of the world then for no reason at all feel so damn useless it makes me wanna die but it always gets better nothing ever stays the same... Gary L

9. mskittyfish

mskittyfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Jason,

Feelin totally bummed out sometimes is completely normal. Life can be hard and unfair sometimes but all you can do is try to make the best of what you have. I guess it depends on how often and how long ya feel like this, and to what degree it negatively impacts on your life, whether you are having a medical problem. I do know that alot of people, myself included, have a natural tendency to get blue when the seasons and weather change, and lets not forget the Holidays are right up on us too. It sure helps to have a good friend you can talk to or do something fun with. Being in the medical field for 25 years, I believe that laughter is the best medicine. If ya want a good laff, Im always worth one....lol. When I get like that, I get online and talk things out with a friend, then try to find something fun to do or just sit and relax and watch a funny movie. Laughing releases endorphins, which naturally make you feel better. Keep your chin up, hun.... ~Tracey~
    P. S. Do you kno y sxx is alot like air? I got the answer! lol

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Ebb and Flow, Yin and Yang....

We all get caught up in cycles, my brother. Everything has a balance though- and if it does not then there is something missing on one end, the other, or it may be somewhere in the middle.

Life for me is a roller coaster. It is a constant up-and-down of existence. One day Im feeling great cause I won something or my wife did something really cool or funny... the next minute Im at work and cant seem to get my ducks in a row.

Sometimes when we've had multiple days without sunshine because of bad weather, the whole world seems to close in on ya.

You never can really tell all of the time what causes the natural bumps and potholes on the highway of life, but you ought to try and appreciate them for one reason alone: Without darkness we would get bored with light. With nothing but an abundance of food, we create diseases that involve eating too much or too little....
    What I am getting at is this- try to find the middle road: The balance in your day. Wether it involves concentrating so hard on every detail until you appreciate it or letting go of the thing dragging you down, you have to find it and run for the safety of the middle ground. Try something as simple as eating a slice of an apple.... but force yourself to notice the finest details.... each muscle movement from the hand to the jaw and on the inside involved is actually a complex process that makes any engineer awestruck at the complexity of the human body. Concentrate and appreciate the smallest functions involved. It sounds dumb... but try it. If that helps... do that to everything in a day! Or if the opposite helps... do that.

The bottom line is this- Motivate your self to see more in everything and to seek out only the goodness and the inspiring parts of the world.

A famous mexican clown wrote in his retirement speech that he tried daily to make others laugh so that he could keep himself from crying. If it takes a wig and a red nose... by golly do it. That guy had a national Holiday named after him over there because of the good clean laughs he brought to that country.... you never know what your battle against "the bummers" can bring out of you.

If these ideas are still ineffective, then seek out a doctor and a couselor. Medicines may be needed to alter a chemical here and a hormone there and balance your inner juices. Counseling may help to tear out the ghosts that drag you down and hide within.

Finally.... seek out a "Good" to balance the "Bad" that has gripped you. If that means a new church or a new social group, then do it. If that means you're attending baptist church sundays and buddhist meditation on wednesdays and Tai Chi every morning at the gym... then so be it. Every moment wasted not doing is ceartainly a moment you lost and will never have back. So there is urgency implied in enjoying the best of every moment of life. Go and live!!!

I hope you find yourself back to center.

Sal

11. wishiwasfishin

State:
    kentucky
    Well folks I don't really know what to sat just to say thank you seems cheap on my part but I do appreciate every post that I read. I did go to the doctor today with a little help from family and they took blood and a couple other things but I found out today that my doctor is a total jack a**. He seem to always try and put words in my mouth and didn't seem to listen at all. Then he was trying to get me to admit I have a drug problem. Now I may be a little dizzy in the head maybe thought are not totally clear but one thing I am NOT is a drug junkie. I think I'm going to another doctor tomorrow but I hope it not more of the same. I wish I could just right it off as water under the bridge but this is like nothing I have ever felt. I'm hoping with a little luck and a hole bunch of faith that thing will fall back into place.
    BOC I do thank each and every one of you for the words of encouragements because ass of now that seems to be all I have.

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jason, we are here for you. Life is not fair, and can pull you down mentally and physically into a pit that can seem like we can never get out of. It is times like these that we need to turn to others. Our friends, and our family, encouraging words, a positive touch, a smile, a laugh, a hug, and a cry, can all be things to help boost our inner moral.

Jason, I want to extend my hand to you. Brother, I'm hangin on just like the rest of us. Think of me as reaching down to grab your hand and help pull you back up. If you ever need to chat, ever need to just talk. I'm here for you. PM me, I can listen, I can listen and advise, and I can just joke with ya and make ya laugh, whatever you need. Just let me know.