The Wife BANNED Me From Ebay!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Feb 16, 2007.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well it all started out about six weeks ago. One night over supper with the little lady theTopic of My upcomming retirement in just a little over year came up,(43 years is Plenty)and she ask me what I was going to do with All my free time,and I told her that Me and Major(my english springer) would be spending alot of time up at our cabin on the Missouri River Fishing durning the week while she was at work(She is 7 years younger than I) and wants to keep Working Because She Loves Her Job(I Know Folks Shes GOOFY) Don't Ya Love it Fellas? Man did I Die and go to Heaven or What? Anyway I said Baby how about Spotting Me have an extra 100.00 dollars week to buy any extra Fishing gear I might need so I'll have it when I retire.Well she thought about it a little while and said OK, you Know You already have more rods and reels than you can EVER possiably use if you live to be a hundred years old! Yes Your Right Darling but the sons and Grandsons will have something to remember Grandad with.(The old minds Still SHARP) Jot that one down guys for future reference.Anyway Ebay here I come,Just Like a Kid in a Candy store, WHOO,WHOO. Well found a copple Mitchell 300s new in the box(5) snached them Right up.2 seeker rods, a 4001 D.A.M.QUICK Spinning Reel,Had to have it,a new in the box Shakesphere wonder Reel. Copple of Diawa reels,a Penn Senator 500,an a fue other assorted Rods can't remember them all,but I know I needed them.I Think! so this takes alot of tme in the evening and the Little Lady was paying attention,plus the Packages were arriving daily.Well being a smart Fella I figured I better slow it down a little and then BINGO!!! a Fella in Florida listed a mint ABU GARCIA MORRIUM M7700CL Factory serviced so I put on My Items to watch list.First thing every morning 5am, noon at home for lunch.every evening several times I am checking the reel out to see what it's doing can't stand it.I bought one 7/8 years ago, New and I really wanted a mate to it.there really scarce as they are no longer made plus they happen to be one of the best reel ABU ever made.Now I'm watching this reel and there is three days left and the bid is only 114.00 dollars,and I know when I bought mine new I paid 349.00 for it if My memory serves me right. So I jump right in,I place My max bid at 150.00 cause I have that much rat-holed. at that time there are16 bids on the Morrium so there is some interest there.well no one bids again till one Hour before the auction ends.then whamo bid goes to 155.00 dollars I'm out bid,so bid again 200.00 dollars,still out bid What to do Now? Don't have that much rat-hold and at this point I WANT that Reel It's like an Obsession. Only option Go To the BANKER! Hay Darling,there is this reel that I have been Bidding on and I Really Want it and I need an advance on my 100.00 dollar a week fishing gear alotment.HOW MUCH WAS HER REPLY!!!! Well I don't think it will be cheap,how about 400.00 dollars.Now I'm telling You Folks if You Should have seen the look on her face!(NOT LOOKING PROMISING to say the least) DEAD SILENCE. Now the time is running out on the Reel 12 minutes,Come on Honey if You let Me buy this Reel I PROMISE NO MORE FISHING GEAR,Your Right I Have Enough(You have No Idea how Hard it Was for this Man to Say Them Words) But I had to have that reel.Now what if that Jerk that had the high bid was willing to pay more than 400.00 dollars for it cant think about hat now,so I waited till 15 seconds left on e Auction and placed My new bid,400.00 Dollars,Shoot the works Right.ANTICIPATION!!! Screen pops up YOU HAVE WON THE ITEM. 256.95 Dollars WHOO,WHOO. So Now The Wife as Banned Me From Ebay says 'm COMPULSIVE and to Stay Off Ebay!!! You Know She Knows Me Better than I would like to Admit!and She Right.God I Love that Woman!!! You Know what they Folks(Even a Blind Squirel deserves to find an Acorn once in a while) Later J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    welcome to the club buddy - my wife has suspended my paypal credit account and ebay bidding priveleges:lol:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    You forgot to do one important thing in all that eBaying JD!

You should have bought one nice thing for the wife to surprise her just for the heck of it. That might have kept you from getting banned already. :big_smile:

Congrats on the wins. Sounds like your biggest win was the day that woman became your wife! :smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! Mine did too about a year or so ago!

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    John,
    I know what you mean about becoming addicted to ebay. I think I'm very close myself. Congratulations on the new reel that you were able to get for a decent price. These women sometimes just don't understand how much fishing equipment it takes to catch the elusive catfish.
    Glenn

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    It must be my day If Kathy won't let John on EBAY then I don't have to worry about george buying more stuff from there..
    and NO JD you cannot ship your atuff to my house.
    Sharon

7. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    My wife informed me months ago---No Ebay---No Way!!!! :roll_eyes: I have to admit im very compulsive when it comes to buying fishing tackle!! I recently bought sixty dollars worth of clearence fishing tackle at Wal-Mart, none of which i really needed,---but hey ya never know!! I did however bring her home a nice tackle box for her do-dads.:big_smile: She just looked at me with that look, smiled and shook her head.:roll_eyes:

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    that was a good post jd. i havent never bought anything off ebay myself. nope i cannot remember........:lol: who me?.......no! wasnt me.:big_smile:

9. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow John, sounds as if you need to do a bunch of honeydos or something like that. I don't know how I'd exist without Ebay. Hope everything works out for you. Later Andy

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Thanks for sharing. But I would have to do the same thing if newton was on EBAY. :lol:

11. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    if thats the profile picture you use on ebay im surpised the US goverment hasnt banned u from the internet in whole!! :)

12. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    dang, i never got ebay privliges:embarassed:

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Why you little candy a$$! I can't believe ya are gonna sit by and take this. LOL! For goodness sakes man get a grip on the situation. LOL!

Great story brother! LOL!

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :cry: :cry: Poor Baby-Poor Baby JD. I really feel sorry for you. You never borrow money from the wife, for it will cost you double when you pay it back.Lesson learned. Take a cold shower for the buying fever, treat the wife real nice, give it time, wear out all those reels you just bought and just maybe time will forgive all buddy. Is your dog house heated with a 25 or 100 watt light bulb?:big_smile_2:

15. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    She's gonna cut off more than Ebay when she finds out what you and Anna did.:tounge_out:

16. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Great story...thanks for sharing. There is life after retirement.

17. bigun12

bigun12 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Oh NO! Not another one! LOL!

My bride of 39 years has laid down the law to me abouth that as well JD!:big_smile:

18. turfman

turfman New Member

State:
    SC
    Your my hero Jd. good job and hang in there maybe she will let you back on one of these days.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :lol: J.D. that was a great story! I'm an E-Bay junkie also!:cool2: My feedback number is currently 555! I try not to bid on stuff but...! I love the old retro fishing gear, in particular the Garcia Mitchell fishing reels and they are readily available on E-Bay so what's a guy supposed to do? What do you mean I've been outbid by another bidder? I'll show them!:eek:oooh: :crazy: :roll_eyes: :big_smile: :cool2:

20. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I started buying fishing gear on ebay about 2months ago and about 3 weeks into it stuff was arriving almost daily. My wife didn't complain too much till I maxed out the credit card in paypal. Now I only buy what I absolutely have to have, which is what I thought I was doing all along, I use money orders and get it shipped to work.