The wierdest looking fish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by healthydrink, Jan 3, 2009.

1. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I was out with my wife today and she caught a 9lb 10 ounce Bluecat that had at sometime had a broken back. Its spine almost made an S shape. It did not affect its swimming and fighting ability.
    We did not think of taking a picture of its back before we trhew him back, but is was a really wierd looking thing.

What is the wierdest looking fish you have caught?

2. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    Back when I was in my teens me and a buddy of mine used to fish a small lake that was packed with Bullheads and an occasional "whopper 5lb channel" :smile2: anyways twice we caught this one Bullhead that we called "Tumorhead" because he had a knot on his head the size of a lemon.

3. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    i have caught a flathead about 20 lbs that looked like it had down sysdrom (no offense )and a big tumor in the middle of his head kinda looked like the predator just weird lookin :eek:oooh:

4. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    When i was about 12 me & my dad caught a 30# blue that had a broken back just like the one you described. it had a big s shape in its back. wonder how big that fish is now if it is still alive?!

5. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I remember in Fl I caught a strange looking fish that was ready for a bite at first look. The man said it was a toadfish but looked more like a tadpole to me.:confused2:

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    This one takes the cake for me. It was caught by a guy from another site who posted the pic. Weirdest looking catfish I've ever seen by far.

Attached Files:

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    I'd say he was almost a meal for a bigger fish when he was a small fry..:eek:oooh::smile2:

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Looks like that one forgot to stop next to the rock..:wink:
    I think Flamekeeper is right about that one.

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    This is the wierdest one I caught so far. Believe it was a hybrid.

Attached Files:

10. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    Those are pretty wierd. Those might even make some good magazine articles.

11. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    how many of yall have ever seen a grenall? those are some ugly fish!

12. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This is a pic of a hair-lipped Flathead I caught on limbline last spring; I guess it had ripped itself loose from a hook at some point in it's life.

The worst lookin fish I ever caught (no picture) was a about 5# channel with old wounds; it was missing much of it's tail & dorsel fins along with chunks from it's back and had claw marks from head to toe. I'm pretty sure that an otter had had ahold of it at one time and it had escaped from it; it's the only thing I can figger. Anyway, I had sympathy and released it.

Attached Files:

13. byron9393

byron9393 New Member

State:
    texas
    Cought 2 Grendal's in the last 10 days. Also known as Bowfin. Weird looking but great color.

14. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have seen blue cats with crooked backs several times in my life. I always
    thought they were injured when they were small by turbines or even larger
    fish. I have always done what you did and turn them loose. I figure they
    have been through enough in their life without having to with me.

15. scwhite

scwhite New Member

State:
    Shreveport , La.
    I cought one just like that his spine was s shaped and the hole tail from the anoil fin back stuck strat down . of corse I didn't release him I cleaned him and I eat him I don't . Turn any Fish loose . He better shack loose Before I get him in the boat . Couse that is the only chance he is going to get. " CCC = Catch Clean Cook "

16. scwhite

scwhite New Member

State:
    Shreveport , La.
    Shoe peck

17. pitbull33

pitbull33 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Caught a flathead on my trott line that had been caught before and apparently got off cause the fish had split its upper lip and it had heeled. The thing was so pitifull we let him go but laughed about it for weeks. Poor hair lipped catfish, lol.

18. :roll_eyes:Wow hard to beat some of those stories

19. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    I was fishing Anahiem lake one night, and caught a channel cat that had the head of a 20lb. fish and a really stubby body it looked like a for the lack of a better description ( and sorry little people, no offence) a midget. :eek:oooh:

20. 10POUNDER

10POUNDER New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Me and my buddy was fishing the mighty Ohio River and I was reeling in after I thought I had missed a bite! Little to my knowledge I was reeling in a 8 lb carp . It was kinda spooky because this carp was almost perfectly circular ! It was some where around 18 in long and 25 to 28 in around Im talking about it almost looked like a puffer fish as it got close to the bank ...And beings where I fish is a huge sand bar ! You can walk out like 50 to 55 ft and it don't get over 3ft deep so this fish's belly would not let me get it but 12 feet from the bank ! I have picture's I will post before to long! Needless to say I walked out to get it ...Has anyone ever seen a carp like that! :tounge_out: