The weirdest way

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by creek_fisher88, May 24, 2006.

1. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a buddy that caught a 63lb blue cat with a dip net at Marysville Lake. When the owners were taking the cat to the lake the tank airator broke and they didnt know if it was going to live. But my buddy was lokking for bluegill to use for bait and he saw this big tail moving in the water. So he got his dip net and got in the water about three feet and scooped it up. It didnt put up any fight. When he went to pull it up out of the water his dip net broke. So he grabbed the ring of what was left of his dip net and pulled it out of the water and on to the bank. What a way to catch a big fish. I thought i would share that with you all and i would also like to hear what kind of stories you have.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm a bit confused. Not about the part where your buddy caught the fish with the net. But the part about the owner takein the fish to the lake and the aireator broke. Was the fish originaly caught somewhere else and put in the lake some time ago and the owners of the lake wanted to know if it was alive. Are we talkin a pay lake here or what. If the fish was taken from a body of water that folks purchase a license to fish, and moved to a "PAY LAKE" then me personnaly I got a problem with that. It ain't yours its mine. I'll just drop this till I get a bit more info.

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I am also slightly confused about what is going on here...Was the fish being moved to a pay lake?

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    This story sounds kinda FISHY to me,LOL!

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I'm also confused as to if the fish did end up living or dying.

6. BhamRoadrunner

BhamRoadrunner New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That has to be one of the most confusing and worst written posts I've seen here so far.

Please clarify.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    What the hey? one minute your talking broken tank stuff and the next about netting a blue cat. :eek:h:

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    im stuck here. were you transporting it somewhere or were u just trying to keep it in your possession instead of the water. now another thing is id be mad if someone else was going to take my fish from my posession. was the fish about to die? how did the aereator break? i dont think i can believe this. too much fakeness into this but ill go along anyways. :lol:

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I think we all want some details!

10. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
  11. liquidblue

liquidblue New Member

State:
    louisiana
    so he waited until the owners left and stole the fish they just stocked? Not cool.

12. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Was it H20 Mellon up to his old trixs again? Now he is stealing catfish from pay lakes? My god man have you no morals?

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Sounds like Mellon to me. :embarrassed_2:

14. mperry

mperry Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm not exactly sure what he is talking about either but I do know that Marysville is a pay lake. Sounds like maybe the owners were stocking fish or this was a fish someone had caught and they were putting back. I believe some of the fish in there are tagged and if you catch them they are worth a cash prize. Not sure but this is what it sounds like.

15. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    166 views, 13 replies and creek_fisher88 is nowhere in sight. :confused2:

BTW, "scooped up" isn't my definition of "caught". :lol:

16. creek_fisher88

creek_fisher88 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ok guys im sorry about that post. i wasnt taking the fish anywhere. There is a ******* that i fish at sometimes when i am going with my family and they stock the lake every friday. they also buy big fish (a dollar a pound) that people catch out of rivers and keep. I dont know if this was one of those fish. for all i know they could have gotten it from a fish farm when they went to buy the fish to stock. the airator in the tank the fish was in broke, so they let the fish go just to see if it was going to live. the fish ended up dien when they put it in their truck. i didnt personally see all this happen but i have seen pictures and my buddies dad also told me.