The weatherman was right...this time!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by iowacatter, Mar 1, 2007.

1. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yeah, we are getting the blizzard they said we would. I hate when they are right!! lol

Attached Files:

2. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    I agree with you on this one. Im up by des moines and we're getting slammed right now. Hopefully it'll just be this one storm left.........I'll knock on wood for that one.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    We got alot here in Omaha today. Still had to go and make credit cards:angry: . It was fun driving home counting the 4x4's in the ditch!:lol:

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Thats one heck of a snow. Id rather be getting it thank the rain! lol. Were supposed to get 1-2 inches of rain tonite which equals flooding. yuck.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    in Iowa really getting slammed! Stay in and stay warm. Stan I hope your babies(dogs) are where they are warm and comfortable!:smile2:

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh Stan, just lookin at those photos gives me goosebumps.
    Thinkin of the good old days up in Michigan when we'd just get our drive plowed out and then the county would come along and bury the entrance as they scraped the main road. Hope you don't have to go out anytime too soon! Take care:cool2:

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thanks for sharing Stan. Nice to see photos like that. I know what you mean about the snow, got a cpl inches as well.

keep those dogs warm:smile2:

8. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Yep Stan, I'm like You Sir.Hate it when there Right.We have had the same local weatherman for years his name is Jim Flowers on Channel 6 in Omaha Nebr.His Wife shops in our store and I was visiting with her about Jims predictions one day and She said QUOTE(He Don't Hit it as often as he use to!) wondering if She was referring to the weather? LOL.J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats alot of snow stan , we got over an inch of rain today made for a wet and nasty day of work but i survived .

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    This is one time I was hoping the weatherman was wrong. :angry:

11. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    haha...that's a sorry deal. We got a couple minutes of flurries today, and some pretty big gusts of wind....but NOTHING like that. The weatherman's the only person that can be wrong 90% of the time and still keep his job...sure sucks to be in that ten percent, don't it? lol. Stay warm, Stan!

-Red

12. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    You know it brother , barley got to work fri a.m ,worked a double, then could'nt make it back to Tabor , had to spend the night at the jail and back to work sat a.m .

13. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm actually stunned. A BOC member spent the night in the jail?!?!?!? :smile2: You must be the only one ever!

For a weatherman to be right, that is unusual. Fact is, if they had forecasted 6 inches of snow for us, I'd have gassed up the boat.

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YIKES! That truely sucks.

15. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Hate when they are right, wasn't true here we got three inches of partly
    cloudy.