"THE WAYWARD SON"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by michiganwhitetailRLM, May 27, 2008.

1. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Most of us think of a rebelous,angry, disobediant and all around bad kid as being wayward. Let's send he or she off to bootcamp or put them on a presrciption drug to make their mind numb is becoming a common answer in this day and age. I recently faced one of my biggest fears and wrote a 267 page, 67,000 word book called;"THE WAYWARD SON". It's a memoir of my life between the ages of 5 to 13. My childhood was an everyday battle to survive. The only time i heard the word jesus or god was when my father used it in a bad way. Being a father myself, I'm living proof that not everyone grows up to follow in their parents footsteps. My father tried many ways to actually kill me, mentally and physicaly for 8 long years.It made me what i am today. I teach my kids about god, respect, conservation and forgiveness just to name a few things. There just isnt much better than kicking back on the riverbank with a sky full of stars and your family and friends. I've learned alot about what being a goodhearted human being means from my past and even more so by sitting out @ night fishing for cats. Our kids are our future so love them unconditionally.

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Your a GOOD Man Rick!!!! Great Advice. God Bless,and Proud to Know Ya. J.D.

3. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know I for one would love to read that book. I think just about anybody could learn some lessons from it. When you get information on it's release please post it or PM me.

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Ditto what FlatCat said....

5. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    well said. if you ever get a couple copies of that book made i would like to read it.

6. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    There will be more than a couple of copies made. I'm in the process of drawing up a book proposal and query letter to try to land an agent. If all goes well it should be known around the world god willing. Most of the $$$ will be used in a way to help needy families and bring awareness to child abuse and neglect. It is a little known fact that 90% of prisoners and inmates of our correctional facilities come from broken and abused homes. We spend billions trying to rehabilitate them, instead of spending that money to improve the overall lives:008: of our nations future.........OUR KIDS!!:008:

7. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    WTG hon! I am a teacher and I see the down to the earth nitty gritty up here EVERY DAY...I taught gang kids for 3 years and I have little compassion for someone crying over their "boyfriend" etc, etc, God forgive me...I know some children that have had DIRE consequences IN THEIR FACE every day and rose above it...I applaud you and I hope that this touches the lives of some that are looking for hope....

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Bravo! You are a credit to your generation. I wish you the best of luck and speed on getting it done!

I'll rep you tomorrow. I'm outta pixie dust for now.

Thanks for sharing! :big_smile:

9. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Interesting stuff there Ricky and im glad to hear that you grew up not to be like your dad, i was raised in a good house hold, but when i was younger i got into drugs and drinking real bad, and almost lost my life a couple times because of it, but when i was 13 years old i over dosed didnt think i was going to come out of it, but i did, i went to church and got saved, never been the same since, im alot happier and dont understand why I use to do the things that i did. I guess with age you grow more wisdom.

10. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Good luck on your book deal and I wish you the best, Rick!

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations on your achivements,Rick. Looks like you are a true survivor in every sense of the word.

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Not MY words, but I like 'em.....

"Carry on my wayward son, there'll be peace when you are done
    Lay your weary head to rest - don't you cry no more."

Writing is wonderful therapy imo Rick, and I hope it helped YOU....and that your book influences many many other people.

God bless you and keep on keepin' on! :cool2:

13. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Always glad to see an example of "making your own destiny"
    Life being "rosy" isn't written in stone anywhere. You are given free will & glad to see you chose a better path. Bless you and yours!

14. michiganwhitetailRLM

State:
    MI
    Thank you very much everyone! I hope my book helps many around the world. It was one of the hardest things i ever done in my life to relive all the memories but it brought closure that i never knew i needed. :003: proverbs 22:6 says, Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. GOD BLESS