The Wabash River has a monster in it for sure

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by catstalker459, Jun 3, 2007.

1. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    well went out tonight on the wabash wasnt a bad nite cuaght alot eaters. and a couple small carp nothing to brag about then about 7p my clicker started makin noise on my abu w/ my cat maxx rod. click clcik click then a long puase.........click click and then vrooooooooooooooooooom off it went i let if go a min and when the hook set the pole bent like a darn tree branch in the wind and i never got the fish off bottom, he broke my cat maxx rod, so now im mad as hell becuase i loved that rod. i guess its time to switch to blachorse and ugly stiks! i am just in awe that my rod snapped my buddy couldnt believe it either sounded like 22 goin off when if broke:cry:

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow broke your rod thats unbelievable. Must of been one of those catfish as big as a volksewagon.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    WOW! The Catmaxx rods are heavy duty! That must have been a giant fish!:eek:oooh:

4. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    i dont know what it was but it busted it. i was using berkley big game 30lb line and 40#leader. i guess it was a volkswagon lol
    maybe my rod had a crack in it from before i dont know but man im gonna get that fish!

5. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    now exactly where were you fishin on the bash?

6. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    north of covington near the williamsport bridge

7. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    one question

you ever hear of a drag being to tight ? i set my drag to about 3 pounds and thumb the spool instead of tightening it some times you need to tune the rod and the reel to get the maximum use of them . if you think about it a hook is sharp it wont take much pressure to set the hook in a fish . and after its hooked then the fun comes to get it in the boat , slow steady pressure , pull then reel then pull some more . alot of mistakes people make can be prevented with careful and calm reasoning .

8. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    BREAKIN NEWS:

my brother tells me after we get home that he accidentally fell on my rod while he was manuevering the boat while i parked the truck. said he didnt want to tell me becuase i would throw him in the river, so guess who is buyin me a new pole tomm????????????

9. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana

thanks buddy i know what ya mean but i am no novice lol, i learned that the hard way when i was younger my ol man did it on purpose to teach me how to tune the rod ...thanks for the info though, as i mentioned my bro broke the rod when he fell on it evidently putting a hair line crack in it when he fell on it oh well he buys me a new one tomm lol