The Wabash is finally turning on for us a little...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by SPAZ182, Apr 11, 2020.

1. SPAZ182

SPAZ182 Active Member

State:
    IL
    Name:
    Chad
    Three trips in the last two weeks have finally started paying off a bit. Typically, I kayak and bowfish for asian carp in the Terre Haute area of the Wabash. We do most of our overnight trips in our kayaks on the Wabash just because of how many awesome sand bars there are for camping. I always seem limited to just a few kitty chasing adventures a year over there because that's all I ever seem to have time for. Covi has made other fishing plans for me this year. With most of the lakes I would be hitting this time of year being closed here in IL we've been relying on Indiana for some on the water recreation.

Anyhoo, live bluegill and suckers have landed us some flats and blues in the teens. The channels seem to be limited to cut bait, with a 14 or so pound flat pounding a cut shad. Now, with my first flathead of the year out of the way we can start focusing on finding some monsters, lol. I just need to find some wood without jugs tied all over it. Man, they hit that river hard with jugs and bank poles... Just glad to see there are some fish left for the rest of us.

Peace,
    Chad
    IMAG0407[1].jpg First flattie of 2020! Thank you, Indiana!

2. eastforker

eastforker Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Stacee
    Nice catch Chad.
    I would love to catch one of those.