The utimate in Jug lines,

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by ks-limb-liner, Mar 30, 2009.

1. ks-limb-liner

ks-limb-liner New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I made these for my great nephews birthday next week, 3 of them turning (2) will be 6 and (1) will be 5. they love to fish with me because I make it fun and entertaining for them. They work off by placing a 3/4" pvc with lead bar in it and 2 end caps, on 1 end has a penny screwed in it, put that inside a 1 1/2 " pvc and at 1 end attach a light wand with the switch cut out and extend the wires down 20" to the other end, attach them to copper plates. then attach the copper plates to a 1 1/2" inch dial rod and plug the pvc with it . then encase the whole thing in 2" pvc, and add your line to the attach point hook. (before you cap the end of the 2" pvc you need to place them in water to see if you need counter wieghts. Then when the fish takes the bait, he'll pull dwn, the slide bar with the penny makes contact with the copper plates completing the curcuit, and they stand on end with the light wand spinning

Attached Files:

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Bet they will love them. Hope they both get hooked on fishing jugs and remember all the great times they had with you fishing them.
    Pete

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Them are cool

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Neat idea. Thanks for sharing. Those boys want forget this birthday.

5. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Neat, some guy was selling a lighted bank pole made out of pvc around here a few years back, that looks like it is really bright.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    good idea looks great

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Outstanding! That should definitely do the trick at night. The only thing lacking is a RC unit to turn on all the lights when you're ready to pick them up; that would make them easy to find in the dark when there's no fish on them. But, reflective tape will do ok. Several years back, I fooled around with trying to come up with a jug that would light up when it had a hit, but I was never able to come up with anything that seemed to suit me.

8. Catfishin_Farm_Boy

Catfishin_Farm_Boy New Member

State:
    Sevierville, TN
    Great Idear !!! Them look purdy cool !!! Thanks for sharing....

9. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    Somebody will be reporting UFO's on the water when they see those light up.:smile2: that's a great idea!

10. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    those are cool may have to try rigging some up like that

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing