The Ups and Downs of fishing.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by evilfud, Aug 8, 2009.

1. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    So first let me tell ya what happened on Thur night trip to local res.

Bigcatfish64 and i go to some creeks for chubs and my ultralight very strangely halfway through catching chubs just stops casting right. (Down)

But we caught plenty of chubs.(Up)

So we get to the res put the boat in the water and get to heading to the fish spot when Big64 says to me you know what we forgot which got my wheels turning and i said the boat plug. He looks at me and says did ya then immediately looks back to a LOT of water coming in the boat. (Down)

We literally had the boat back on the trailer and out of the water in less than 2 minutes. (Up)

So after letting it drain for what seemed like 15 minutes lol we headed out to the spot i wanted to show Big64 (with the plug now in lol)

He catches a few in the 6-10lb range Channels. (Up)

The 6 pounder flips out of his hand and nails my leg and it hurt pretty bad worse than i thought it should have. After inspection sure enough i got stuck by one of the fins and had what looked like a swollen butt hole on my leg. I squeezed it and blood just squirted out and it hurt for 2-3 days. (Down)

I catch a few 2-3lb channels. (Up)

It starts to get chilly and my jacket i brought is wet from taking on water earlier. (Down)

I snag into something but its pulling into the boat and i was pulling it up to get a look at what it is before grabbing ahold of it and my new Abu Garcia pole snaps in half. (Down)

Now the morale to all of this is while all of this happened i wasnt mad at all some people would have been yelling,cursing, etc. But i am a very laid back person and i looked at it all like this.

I am lucky enough to have a boat to sink lol.

The fish could have stabbed me somewhere worse like the er... you get it. lol

I am lucky to have a wife that tolerates all of the fishing i do.

Poles break gives me a good excuse to go to Gander Mountain and get a couple better rods.

So take those downs as good as you can and remember that we are lucky enough to be fishing and hopefully the ups will even you out soon or even be more of the occurences!

Fud

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sounds like an exciting trip chris:smile2::smile2:

keep UP the good work... lol

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey Chris it's not all bad look at the bright sides. You can still go fishing tomorrow! Fish on my friend an good luck!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Interesting night. Glad to hear you caught bait and fish. Sorry for the negatives. But you have learned the trick on the negatives. Think positive and take it in stride.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what a creative writer you are... it gave me almost a perfect mental image of your wound.... 'cept I had to imagine for a minute what a swollen butt hole would look like :smile2: lol.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Chris great thread ,i hope your next trip out u have a lot more UPS than you do downs ,:wink::smile2:

7. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Thanks for the responses.

Chris

8. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    OH YEAH! What a great evening! Interesting to say the least! When I said you know what we forgot, I was'nt thinking boat plug, I was thinking the lights on the boat! LOL! Good thing he thought of the boat plug! You know the boat b#%*h can't think of everything! LMAO!

9. kottacat

kottacat New Member

State:
    New Albany indiana
    bad day fishin's better than a good day workin! Hows the leg! :big_smile:

10. evilfud

evilfud New Member

State:
    IN
    Sure is. Leg is fine it just hurt for 2 days.

11. Critter Getter

Critter Getter New Member

State:
    Elnora, Indiana
    If everything goes just perfect, it don't make such an interesting story! Sure they aren't good at the time but the next morning it gives you something to look back at and laugh about.

Sounds like you made the best of the trip, even with all the mishaps!

12. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hope your next trip goes better bub

13. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    You know I'm amazed at how people react to bad luck. I use to go fishing with a buddy ( notices the past tense ) and he would get pissed at the slightest thing. When his new bait caster rat nested up for the 4th time he chucked that sucker into the middle of the lake. Fishing with him was pure hell. Neadless to say we don't fish or hunt together any more. Just wasn't fun.:angry:

John

14. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great write up. I've had days like that and I have to say that at times I didn't handle them near as well as you did. Seems the older I get the more tolerant I become of those kind of hiccups and take them in stride. Doesn't do good to get all bent out of shape. I had a mental picture of everything you wrote and have actually experienced some of them myself, just not all at once.

15. catdaddychad

catdaddychad New Member

State:
    indiana
    now thats one hell of a night. At least you have a good outlook on life.

16. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Interesting story to say the least, everybody has them but some are just boring. I enjoyed yours, glad nothing severe happened and everything was taken in stride.

Good luck on your next trip, and be sure to keep us informed!