The Ultimate Fish Bite Alarm

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by pabloracer4748, Nov 25, 2009.

1. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just curoius what you guys think would be the ULTIMATE fish bite alarm.

Personally I think it would be cool to have one with a two way pager so I could go sleep in the tent up to a 1/4 mile away, and take off running when I get a page. Of course I would set a fairly loose drag in a good rod holder.

Or another Idea would be a small device that not only sounds an alarm but flashes lights when a fish bites. I realize there are some similar devices built but they all seem so bulky, akward and not up to the task.

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    They do make a system like that, maybe not quite the range you describe: http://www.strikesensor.com/ I've got a set of these, and they do work, but most of the time I'm close enough to my reels that a bait clicker is all I need.

3. pabloracer4748

State:
    Kansas
    Son of a... They stole my idea. Ok I guess I wont be marketing anything like that soon. Ahh hah. I'll make one that calls me on my cell phone at home so I can leave my poles unatended. Bad idea...Maybe

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    The Zebco Hawgseeker sounds an alarm and flashes. I have the spinning Combo and it has worked pretty good for me over the years if you have the drag set and sensitivity correct

5. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    In a perfect world , we would be able to leave our rods unattended for days at a time(with drag set nearly zero). Also we could leave doors unlocked , windows down , and do all those things they do on the commercials that say 'Don't try this at home'. Even better , all of us really wouldn't need motorized vehicles because all of us could teleport or fly.

Unfortunately , things are never what they seem.

6. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    There is a post on here somewhere suggesting a baby monitor. You'd have to make a battery pack for both pieces since they are made to be plugged in to the wall.

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think mine uses battery's

an extra pair of eyes works great and gives you someone to talk to so that would be my pick, a fishing buddie:wink:

8. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mason <what you been drinking out of that Mason Jar ?:wink::smile2:

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    How bout a hand that comes out and slaps you for not paying attention....lol
    All though some on here would modify the hand , so maybe not a good idea....lol

10. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I have a buddy who is trying to make an alarm that uses a shotgun primer as an alarm. The primer goes off and a spring sets the hook. Can't wait to see it when he is done, but don't want it on the bank where I am fishing.

11. pabloracer4748

State:
    Kansas
    Now thats a creative idea!!! Anyone else with some creativity. Besides a hand that smacks me in the head.

12. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    A visit to your local radio shack should hook you up with everything you need,alarms flashing led lights,switches,and two way communication devices,and battery packs to run the mess off of.
    But at what point are you fishing? to me fishing is not sitting a 1/4 mile away drinking beer,thats called set lining! If I go fishing then I want to fish,not camp or any other activities,If I want to do other stuff I reel up and put my fishing gear away then go do other stuff. Leaving your rod/reel unattended can result in too much lost/stolen gear and also gives the fish a good chance of swallowing the hook or causing other damage to the fish,while I'm not a total catch and release guy myself, I do release some and wouldn't want their chances ofliving to be decided by how far away I can get from my rods.Not to mention giving them a chance to take line and wrap you up in a snag.
    I vote stay with your gear while fishing,if not then put it away.

13. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    now as far as creativity goes,how about a alarm that squirts you with water when it's getting a bite? or one that gives you and electric shock,that would be downright funny.

You could by one of those electric fishing reels that you push a button to wind in then set it up on a rod in a self hook setting rod holder,fish grabs the bait,rod arches up and sets the hook then the reel kicks in and brings in the fish,but I don't think I would call that fishing.

14. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I started using glow sticks from wild wolf products. They are a BOC sponsor. Give them a try. You can see them from a long way away.

15. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I agree but I sometimes will set everything up then lay down in my tent and snooze until they start to bite. For that I need something to get me to wake up. I have used bells to get my attention but they don't always wake me up. The biggest cat my son caught (27 inch channel)I had to wake him up for. He set the hook reeled it in went to the outhouse pooped went back to bed then woke me up when he heard my line screaming and my bell ringing. It was the biggest cat I ever caught (28 pound 36" flathead). He helped me land it and put it on the stringer. When we put it in the water he saw his fish in the basket and said "when did you catch that one"???? I said I didn't catch it you did 2 hours ago. He didn't and still doesn't remember catching his fish. He was asleep the whole time.:crazy: He was up at the outhouse for 20 MINUTES probably sleeping in a sitting position.:smile2:

It was the best time we've ever had fishing though. Fathers day early morning 2005.

16. pabloracer4748

State:
    Kansas
    I also thought of a way that might wake me up in the tent. Those pull string firecrackers if you could somehow tie one end to the reel and one to the line so it blows up when a fish strikes. My luck I'd blow the line in half though.lol:smile2:

I didnt really want this to be a debate on weather you should pay attention to your poles or not. :confused2:

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i think remember someone making a pole holder that when a fish pulled hard enough it would turn a light on, posted some were.

18. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    All you need is one lawnchair & one wife,When it goes off you will hear it. :smile2: