The ultimate fighter 3

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Chief, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i noticed there were a lot of UFC fans out there and was wonderin if anyone got to catch the last episode. i was pretty ticked off when they gave ed herman a contract even though he lost. kinda defeats the purpose. i was glad to see matt hamill finally get to kick some ass

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    They did the same thing last year with Forrest Griffith. I think Ed Hermon won that fight though.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

My wife said the same thing btu thats not the first time they did that remember the UFC 1 they both got the contracts also. Not all of it is winning the fight some of has to do with fan appeal. Please note there are no open class (super heavy) are heavy weight fights.

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    they've done that since the first ultimate fighter....lol everybody wins.....im sorry to say though, that this show only works for one season because after the first season they already pulled out the best of the best of the country and now they are just using the leftovers of the best of the best.....so i think they should give it a break for a few years

5. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Ed won that fight I dont know why they scored it the way they did?
    the other dude looked bad I don't think hes going to do very well in the
    U. F.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with you on that. Ed definately got the best of Kendell, I thought. He imposed his will on him the whole first round. Ed did get tired pretty quick though, I believe that had to weigh on the judges minds. The only major offense from Kendell that I remember was a couple good knees to the chest and he had a pretty good submission attempt on Ed with the 3rd round bell saving him. I believe they both deserved contracts, but they don't stand a chance against the likes of Franklin, St. Pierre and the other top dogs of the Middleweight division.

7. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    i know this different fighting but the next evander holyfield fight is with a guy from ashland ky named jeremy bates, i work with his dad i thought it was kinda cool to mention...

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I am very surprised to see so many people have the fight so "one way" in favor of Ed. They both poured everything out on the mat that night and got eachother in some sweet submission attempts. Kendall's final rear naked choke attempt was the most clean attempt of the night so Kendall got the nod at the end because he won on points. I personally roll with guys for 4-6 minutes at a time and it is tiring to say the least! So for a guy to make it to the end of a match while going 100% the way they were that night, earned them both a contract in my opinion, especially since alot of guys are coming back to fight (like last night) even though they didnt make it through the season. There is a new league that is going to come out soon that will actually have teams with players earning salary rather than winning money for each fight.

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is neat, thanks for sharing.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Pride fights them russians are evil if you watch it you know who Im talkin bout.In my eyes better than UFC

11. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    Pride Fighting is way better than the UFC ,Jersey.