The Turdfloater is DONE!!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by KansasKatter, Mar 4, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Well it has been a long winter, and the bad weather has almost been a good thing, as it kept me from using the boat, and working on it instead.

After about $500 total worth of floor material, paint, pumps, bait tank and livewell tanks, I have a total of $2000 in the whole package, and it is ready to go. It may seem a little crowded, but both tanks have quick disconnects and can be removed if more than two of us are going to fish, otherwise there is plenty of room, for two, and can keep shad seperated from other bait like perch.

Here are some pictures of what it turned out like, maybe not technically a turd floater any more?

Attached Files:

2. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's a nice looking boat. The Cats wont see you coming with that paint job. Did you post before pictures?

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats a good lookin boat jeff

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    A couple more, wish I had some of what I started with....

I still have some work to do with the trailer, but nothing major.

I have my angel of a wife to thank for the keepalive tank, and the fishfinder with GPS, she did really good for Christmas and my birthday this year!

The keepalive and the livewell tank are both on a timer for the aeration pumps, and I can run one at a time, or both, or niether. The livewell is supplied with fresh water from a pump on the back of the boat, and drained with an extra bilge pump, with a float switch inside the tank.

All in all, for a rookie, I think I have created a pretty good setup.

Attached Files:

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
  6. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jeff I only see one problem with your boat, Its way too pretty to be slingin' catfish into, You had better start bass fishing.....LOL

Seriously though, The boat looks pretty sweet. I remember the pics from when ya bought it on E-bay, Hard to believe its the same ole boat...good job!!!

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Looks good, maybe you would like to come and get my old duck boat, if you need something to do.

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    It looks "tournament ready"! And you know where to go...

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

Funny, that is the exact same thing my wife said!

10. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    No Spank You! The painting was the worst part, it took forever!! Of course it did not help I changed my mind and started over about 4 times.:crazy:

11. curveball

curveball New Member

State:
    Saint Clairsville, Ohio
    Jeff, it looks like you plan to live in that beautiful boat. Great job.

12. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Great job on your boat build up! I really would like to camo my 15ft Lowe like yours. Can you give me some details on the painting precedure? Did you use grass and trigs as stensils, make your own or buy them? Good fishin'

13. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jeff,
    You sure did a nice job with your boat. You would never know that was the same boat you bought off ebay! I'd like to know a little bit more about your live well & bait well. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it before you started,and just did an outstanding job! You have a boat there you can be very proud of,and the best part is you did it yourself!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations on a job well done!
    Glenn

14. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I promise I won't change my mind, you will only have to do it once!!!

15. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    jeff, it looks good!!! love the camo,did you make your own stencils,or did you buy them.

16. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on your work. I see you went with the diamond tread plate aluminum. I love mine. I also see you went with a Keepalive bank tank. I just installed a glow in the dark version in my boat as well. I do have a question. The live well you installed. Is it the rectangular box along the side of the boat? If so did you build it or buy it? Does it throw off the balance of the boat when full of water?

Thanks

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Wow Jeff, that looks sweet. Thanks for sharing. My old bones would need a swivel chair with a backrest, but it looks comfy. Really like the paint. Hope ya get lots of reward for all that work.

18. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff I like it, I like it alot the paint job is superb what is that on the floor is it aluminum or a rubber mat I'm thinking of going with a rubber mat cut to fit in my boat the previuos owner put in a aluminum floor in mine then carpet I've tore the carpet out but I'm thinking bout camoing out mine like yours it looks damn good
    I need to get to bed cause in the morning I got a marine mechanic to work on all four of my boat motors to get em running great before I sell em I'm selling 6hp, 9.9hp, and a 20hp I also got to meet with the woman about renting a comercial space in a small strip mall to open a new baitshop
    make sure you give us some details on the paintjob it looks good
    Trevor

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DAM! Nice work. Looks like it will work just fine.

20. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Very nice work. Well done...W