The truth about Mercury

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Netmanjack, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mercury comes from the planet Mercury thats why we call it Mercury, Duh
    We never had any mercury in the olden times. And it is not a coincidence that when the planet Mercury came as close as it has ever been in it's orbit around the sun and the earths gravitational force pulled some of the planet down and when it hit our atmosphere it scattered like heavy dust all over the place, that the thermometer was invented. Records were then able to be kept for temperatures because mercury rises with heat. Now as for the fish, when the mercury hit the water in lakes and rivers being shiny as it was, well, the fish ate it because we all know that they like shiny things. The easy way to tell if there is mecury in the waters near you is to go fishing on a very hot day. You will notice that the fish don't bite. This is because the mercury that they swallowed rises with the heat and gets stuck behind there thalliums and makes their mouths lock shut. The same thing happens in humans when they eat a fish that has mercury in it. As the temperatures go up so does the mercury, but unlike fish that are in the water people are to heavy to float in the air so the mercury lodges against our thalliums which in turn keeps us from being hungry then we don't eat and we die! I hope this has given you some insight on the cause and effects of Mercury, so please read your consumption advisories and heed there warnings.:wink:
    http://www.epa.gov/mercury/advisories.htm

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now that is some funny stuff. Where do you find this sort of thing, or could it possibly be original, hatched out of that vast imagination you have?:wink:

I thought this is the last day of April, not the first day!

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tom, ideas like that come on fast like diarrhea. You have to jump into action fast otherwise your brain explodes, it ain't pretty.:crazy::smile2:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Fast thinking and witty......my, what an Angel Squeaker you are Jack :smile2::wink:.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Jack I'm Just a Little Concerned,Are You Off Your Meds again? LOL J.D.:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    And to think all this time i had been taught methel mercury came from the decomposition of organics. Kinda like what happens in our rivers where dams have been put in and the sediment gathers. I had no idea it fell out of the sky.:wink:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    With Jack, we're never quite sure if he's not taking his drugs, or he is taking drugs he aint supposed to.:crazy::wink:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio

Well now you know John. If I can help but one person see the light I have done a service for my brother.:cool2: