The trip of a lifetime!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my brothers and sisters of the boc something wonderful has happened to me. about a year ago i found out that i was selevted for an invitation for the Nebraska Ambassadors Music Tour of Europe 2007. Its for all highschool students and i was the only freshman in out 107 person band picked out. im a sophomore now but its me and a senior that are going. i will be leaving on june 9 and getting back on the 24th. we are landing in london england, from there we are going to france, from there we are goin to switzerland, and then to lichtenstein, from there im going to italy and we are leaving from frankfurt germany. all for the price of around $4100. i know we can make the fee so im about 90% sure that im going. I play the trumpet and not even our section leaders got picked to go. im proud of myself. o and any donations would be appreciated (send me a PM) because we are still about 3000 dollars from gettin there lol. unfortunately i wont have enough free time to try some catfishing :(. o well. i will be home for a week after i get back then im headed off to estes park in colorado for the 4th of july haha my summer is booked with vacations. in two months i have to go to this small town here in nebraska to find out what chair im gettin. im shootin for 2nd cuz thats what i usually play but 1st will be fine too. lol. i have to spend around 3 days in either freemont or milford nebraska right before we leave so we can learn our music because we will have no practice time once we get to europe. i will be sure to take many of pictures and post them up here when i get back.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Congrats brother! Enjoy this as much as you can!!! It will be a great time, network as much as you can!

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    o i will. lol ya im pretty proud to be the only guy from minden goin. idk its like im representin the guys form minden nebraska

4. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    You will get a lot of oppertunities to represent groups of people in your life. Take advantage of all of them because that is only going to benefit you in the future!

Congrats again my brother!

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congrats Will show em your stuff thats a great oppurtunity for anyone glad for you

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

im also the only guy in my little 8 person tour group so thats not that bad. i woulda liked at least one guy in the group to pal around with but being surrounded by girls isnt bad either ;) lol

7. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Congratulations to you. I also played the trumpet in school only I was on the second row:confused2: . Good luck and have a great time

8. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    in our school what chair you get is determined on what strengths you have not on skill. im usually 1st or 2nd part

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    WOW Will, that is awesome. I am very proud of you and very happy for you!
    Enjoy every minute of it.

I have no doubt that you will do everyone back home proud. :smile2:

Get online if you get the chance and give us any updates from over there.

You will be missed and thought about.

Oh yeah, I am excited for you too! LOL

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats will on being chosen for a Trip of a Lifetime. Don't forget to take a good camera and take a lot of pictures. Then share some of them with the BOC. Enjoy that Trip.:cool2:

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment and I'm sure your family is proud of you. Enjoy the trip!

12. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya everyone was pretty proud of me, i was proud of me too. i never thought i would be able to go on a trip like this

13. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    congrats, let us know how it goes

14. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    WOW Wil, that is simply amazin....a dream vacation, lotsa girls, gettin to strut your stuff representin the folks back home....what more could go right? lol I am so proud of and for ya. Be safe, have fun, and dont forget to keep in touch with us. We would love to see pix and hear stories bout the trip. Congradulations on the accomplishment.

15. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I can say is WOW!! Proud of ya. This will definitely be a trip of a lifetime for ya!:big_smile:

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thanks everyone, i appreciate the praise and stuff like that. i really wanted to take some time out and do some fishin in the Saine river to see what kind of fish they had in it but i wont have time.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Wil, that is so COOL. Sorry I haven't see this thread before now buddy, CONGRATULATIONS! That's just great, and I second everything Leslie said. I played first clarinet (second chair) when I was a sophomore in HS, but I sure never got to go on a trip like that. (That's why I love havin' you young people here on the BOC, us older ones can live vicariously through you :lol:.) I know you'll have a wonderful time and make memories to last forever and ever! Woo hoo, you go little brother :big_smile:!

18. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

hahaha Tanya i was waitin for you to post on this one, i know you love music and your part of the reason i said anything cuz i wanted to see how you reacted. but ya thanks and everything.

19. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    sendin back to top