The Three Amigos Catfishing Report - Sat 1/16

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Jan 19, 2010.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Met up with JayBee and Ralph at o'dark thirty AM Saturday. We killed 'em in the morning even though we could smell the banana bread Kenneth and crew were baking over on his boat. Jeff boated a monster that would be either me or Ralph's new PB...67.8#! Ralph also got a pig that went 58#! I had two 28's, and was looking for a third so the other two could recommence to catching monsters. The bite unfortunately shut down mid-day, and didn't pick back up until just before dark. We dropped Ralph off around noon, and Jeff and I boated a couple more 30's to end the night.

Day's tally: 67.8, 58, 37, 37, 34, 29, 28, 28, 18, 15

We also fished Sunday morning for a few hours in the cold rain. Didn't catch anything and got at best one dink nibble at each spot. I'm sure there were some monsters feeding somewhere on the river, we just didn't find them. Ended up killing my phone and camera which were sitting in my "waterproof" pants pocket.

It was a great time all around, and catching nice fish was icing on the cake!

Attached Files:

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Here's a couple of the juniors I caught:

Attached Files:

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice Fish. What a head on that big one of JB's. Question for the motley crew,,,In the picture of Josh holding the 37,,,there's a pole with a corkscrew looking deal on it. Is that something to retrieve a snagged line or some kind of sick electric catfish prod?

Congratulations!!

Lucky Charm Ralph,,,,,,,,,formally known as Springtime 2009 Banana Man is welcome on my boat. That's twice now I have seen Ralph in the last month so unlike Elvis,,,,he is really alive. Good to see you back on the water Ralph.

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice fish and flat calm water...it doesn't get much better than that! Congrats!

5. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Excellent day of fishing gents. Congrads. Keep up the good work.

6. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats on another great trip fishing

7. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    We use it to get unruly catfish, and the occasional passenger, in-line.:thunder:

8. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report Josh looks like you had another great trip.I will be bring a newbe crew down with me 10 through 14 of march they both have not caught a fish over 10 lbs.Thanks for the pictures.

9. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Wow, that's an amazing trip. Congrats and thanks for the pictures

10. guscipi

guscipi New Member

State:
    va
    Nice fish. Thanks for the report.

11. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    good job ! You guys make it sound so easy .when im down in march .I hope for a great day like that.

12. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I think you're due Randy. I predict a great week of fishing for you!

13. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    You guys are killing me with all these killer fishing reports!!!!!!! Soon as i get done with the icebowl stuff ill be making my way up there! Been planing on comeing back up there anyway it seems the fishing has more than productive lately lets see if i can do the same lol !

So witch one you fish malling baots can i tie my baot to lmao Just kidding guys ! See you guys at the icebowl !!!! Go VA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    O Yea congrats on the great catches

14. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Those are some great fish man! 50+lbers are just regular fish up there, just hard to even comprehend! Ya'll boys sure know how to catch 'em!

15. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    You guys are my hero's. You cant catch'em sitting at home. And thats where I was in the rain Sunday. You guys are animals.
    Congrats,,,I will keep fishing vicariously thru you.

16. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    don't get much better than that! fishing and good friends.

17. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
  18. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    sounds like a good trip to me. way better than mine on wednesday. congrats