The things Kids will say

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I try and call my daughter as often as I can while I am over here. My last coversation from my 5 year old daughter started like this.......

......Dad before you say no, just listen to what I have to say!

Then the next line almost did me in.....she said, "Dad there are a lot of 5 year old kids who have cell phones...........real ones, no play ones."

I said oh really, there are a lot of 5 year olds with cell phones, and she assured me there was........then asked if she could have one.

So, I did what every red blooded American guy in my situation would have done, I said, well, "Run that by your mother and see what she thinks, and if it is ok with her, then it is OK with me." Thats right passed the buck.

I guess my wife was listening to this and she got back on the phone, and we both laughed for 10 minutes. So my wife sent me an e-mail telling me to call my phone. Me and my brother are starting up a business building utility trailers, and when the phone rang, I heard my daughter say, "Roadrunner Trailers, this is Gabbey" I guess she had heard my wife answering the shop phone.

It is amazing what kids will say........love to hear about kids, I am sure there are some interesting stories out there.......

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    5 years old and shes the receptionist. Right on. :wink:

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gary,You ain't gonna believe this ,But My dad started a company back in the late 50s ,building campers . it was called .....Roadrunner trailers.:wink:But back to the subject at hand. Did she get a cell? or did ya just let her THINK she did.?:cool2::smile2:

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    She uses the cell phone supervised.......or she would be calling everyone in my list.....

We have a house phone, and I am not on the "Do not call list" on it. I have a sure way of getting those people off the line.......lol......

Every time I get a call from one of them, I tell them, hang on, I have to let you speak to the lady of the house, that I make no kind of decisions like that, then hand the phone to my daughter. I hand the phone to my daughter....I have heard some pretty interesting conversations one sided....

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My newphew when he was about 3 or 4 came to spend a couple of weeks with us during the summer, took him fishing that morning, and about 3 hours later, we decided we had had enough fishing, and was hungry.

So we went back home, cleaned up and loaded up and went to the local pizza place for some pizza.

Me and my wife ordered from this very large waitress, she was really nice, and stood at the table and talked for a few minutes, and she asked, my newphew if he was having fun, ect.....

Well Colt, he was looking the lady over pretty good, and as she turned to walk away, he said, "That lady has a big butt (not in those words), just like my Momma."

I am not a rude person, but I tell you I was caught completely off guard, me and my wife and the waitress. I am glad we were the only ones in there at the time, because the 3 of us were laughing so hard. I had tears rolling out of my eyes.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my 9 year old. hes already a cell phone ace. give in. its freakin useless. :wink:

and once3 we were going to eat. wife kid and me. oldest. he was about 3-4. i was pulling out of alley. the neighbor blocked most of it with his car. they had a party. lots of cars. i said look josh has the alley blocked. my son standing in seat of the truck between us said " i hate those M-F'S" no abbrev's either.:eek:oooh:

had to re think my tounge after that.:crazy:

theres a few better. but youll have to ask me at a gathering to hear them.

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont take long for a young one to pick up those words either.....