The things kids say

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tallbump, Jul 10, 2007.

1. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Just had to share this real quick.
    Before putting my kids to bed, I reminded them we were going fishing tomorrow. I said something about hoping they catch lots of fish. Where we are going, a pond run by the State Fish Commission for kids under 12 and people with disabilities, i am sure will be mostly Gills and what not. Out of no where, my three year old says "I'm gonna catch a catfish!" Talk about a "that's my girl" moment.:big_smile_2: Of course, she's never seen one, but she's heard me talk about them enough.

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Yepper Brian kids do say the most funniest things lol and they really mean it to:smile2:

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now there's a little girl who thinks Big :smile2:
    I just wish her and y'all the best success on your outing tomorrow :006:

4. Nanny_cat

Nanny_cat New Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Brian, your precious little one has been listening closely to you it seems. Jim and I hope she catches her catfish and that all of you have a wonderful family time on the water tomorrow and all the fishing trips to come. I was about her size when my daddy showed me how to bait the hook on my old cane pole and I was hooked for life (no pun intended.LOL).

5. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

Hey Brian I see that you are just getting into fishing and I noticed where you live. One thing you gotta do is go fishing for those Erie Steelhead. I go up there every year for steelhead and its a great experience. Let me know when they are running!:big_smile:

6. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Actually, the pond I am taking them to is very near Elk Creek, aka Steelhead Alley. :wink:There is a bait shop right near there so i am gonna stop there for some pointers. I'll let you know what I find out.
    On a side note, since I am just learning, I would love to meet up with some members if they make it my way, would love to learn some tips and what not.

7. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Dont you just love a kids enthusiasm and imagination...i hope she is right and she catches a huge one.....hope the outing is a great one for all of ya. Good luck

8. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Well, funny thing. The 3 yr old is the only 1 who managed to catch anything. :big_smile: i casted for her, but she caught it and reeled it in. All on her own. I believe it was a Perch. Probably about 6 inches or so. I'll put a pic up later. The guy at the bait shop recommended minnows. so that's what we tried. I think it was too hot though, it was about 1:00 when we were out. Gonna go out to the lake (Lake Erie) after dinner to use up the rest of the minnows.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is great:big_smile:. I hope you all have fun.

10. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Well, I can't say we always have fun, as the 3 yr old gets pretty restless after a short time, which is to be expected. She does get excited when someone actually catches something though, so that's good. My 8 yr old, however, could sit there all day.
    Here's a pic of what the 3 yr old caught.

Attached Files:

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup... 3 is pretty young to expect extended patience... from anyone but Dad - lol.
    You're a brave man to attempt this - keep up the good work!
    Oh, when my son gets bored with fishing he usually winds up making paper boats to float down the river, or some other such project. Besides bein out of doors and spendin time with their folks, it's great to see the kids have to search for ways to be resourceful and make their own fun.
    I think that's the best exercise of all - for everyone.
    It'll become more fun as time goes on :big_smile:

12. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I figure she'll grow into it.The thing is it's hard tow watch her and still help the 8 yr old, not to mention try to do a little fishing myself. But, all in all I am just glad to be spending time whit the kids.
    Now, if I could just get the wife interested....Biggest problem there is she is NOT a patient person, and, well, that's not such a great trait for a fisher.