The Swiss Outlaw Catch and Release Angling

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Bryan8552, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Man talk about fish populations going south in a hurry:angry:!!!! It just shows how lucky we are at this point in time. But also shows us that we need to stick up for what we believe in and fight for it. Everyone needs to voice an opinion for our sport and when groups such as peta and the animal rights attivest try their tricks we need to stand and fight for our right to hunt and fish.

Tom

2. Bossofbeefbowl

Bossofbeefbowl New Member

State:
    Hanover Park,IL
    Stupidest thing I've ever heard.I don't see how this benefits the people OR the fish.I'm not one to intentionally break laws but some rules simply don't make much sense and if I catch something I don't want you better believe it's going back.

3. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I read the article and find it hard to find the meaning or intent behind such rules. I've always thought c&r was a good thing. Perhaps requiring a little instruction before being issued a fishing license is not so bad, but saying you have to kill the fish you catch? Why?

4. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason
    That is the bigest croc of s*%t i ever heard of, what kind of goverment do they have. What are they thinking?

5. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i honestly never heard of something so pointless, why kill a fish if its been caught? its like putting it to death for like, a hard crime or something, (i will kill you now, because you are a fish, and i caught you) wow

and i wonder what the instruction/class thing tells you...

6. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    They're saying that the reason for the law is..... Fish suffer undue stress and pain when caught and released, so you should kill them immediately upon catching them. My guess would be that the use of barbless hooks is to prevent causing pain to the fish when removing the hook, just before busting him in the head with the club. It's my understanding that barbless hooks have been mandatory in The UK for some time now, and that many anglers put antibiotics on the hook wound just before releasing them.

Switzerland is a very old country. They're much farther along developmentally, as a country, than we are here in the US. But, rest assured that we're headed their way, on a straight course.

Check this:

http://www.fishinghurts.com/