The Stupidest Thing You Did as a Kid!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fish, Nov 24, 2006.

1. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    We have all done some stupid things, especially when we were kids. We thought it would be fun to hear some of your stories. I will get the ball to rolling

When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I peed on an electric fence. I learned not to do that again. The bad thing is I tried to get my sister to do that, she tried but never hit it. LOL I know that was mean but hey, I was just a little kid. LOL This is just one of many many stupid things I did as a kid, not to mention after I have been grown.

Now it is your turn...

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was real young can't remember but definitely a child.My daddy had just purchased huge bales of hay for our milk cows. I went up into the Barn loft where it was stored,I remember it was a wonderful place to play. Well needless to say I burned that barn to the ground! It was an extremely hard lesson to learn. I was scared to death and mamma and daddy were scared to death. It was horrible but it was a painful yet good lesson for me to learn. You don't play with fire. Thats my stupidest story as a kid that I ever pulled!:embarassed:

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I was 7 years old and i was showing off to some neighborhood kids and i thought that i could fly so i jumped out of the neighbors big maple tree, landed on the paved drive way, and broke my arm in two different places. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but it wasn't.

I did learn that chicks dig scars.

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    The stupidest thing I did as a kid was.

Grow up:angry:

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

and here I thought i was the only one. but it was after a storm and the fence was laying over when the creek flooded and a tree ripped it up. I thought it was revenge for everytime I fished the creek, we dipped under the fence to fish in the farmers field w/o permission and we'd always get zapped. My friends said it the farmer must have it off because it needs to be reposted. so I believed him and did it out of revenge. boy was I wrong!! and then there was the time I stuck my finger in the electric outlet. and the other time when i was real small and decided to play with dads medications after climbing up into the upper cabinets. they were all different colors. mom panicked & didnt believe me that i didnt eat any. found out that the local ambulance didnt have a bp cuff in my size. but i enjoyed all the attention & lights/sirens until at the hospital they pumped my stomach & didnt find anything (told you mom!).

6. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    When i was 4 i tried to climb on a horse by using the tail as a rope, still have a nice horse shoe scar

7. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    I grew up in CA and we have the big aquaduct, coming of that are smaller canals all cement sides. when I was 8 I decided I was goin swimming not such a good idea. 6 miles and 30 firefighters later I got out that canal. Pretty dang stupid.:lol:

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    OKay, I could ride my bike w/o hands.I could ride my bike with feet on the handle bars.I bet I can ride my bike with no hands and steer wiith my feet on the handle bars!NOT!!Ohh it was badddd.I was able to last about 3 sec. my feet twitched just a wee bit.my frount wheel turned about90 degreesand I flew over the handle bars and went right into a tree. talkin about chicks diggin scars.ohh man I had bark scars on my face to my knees.My little huffy was mashed beyond repair.What was I thinkin? smokey

9. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Man I thought I was the only one that did crazy stuff. LOL We are enjoying this thread a lot.

OK, here's another one. I was a really mischievious youngen and into everything. My dad had an ole junk model T Ford out by the barn. When I was about 5 and my sister about 6 1/2, we were out there jumping up and down on the back seat having a lot of fun. We thought it would be even more fun to take the seat out and jump outside of the car. We got the seat out after struggling a good while and put it under a big oak tree and went to bouncing. Man them ole seats had some good bounce in them. I got the bright idea that I could bounce really high if I climbed the big oak tree and baled out on the car seat. I climbed about 20 feet up in the tree and sailed out feet first and missed the seat. Knocked me out colder than a wedge. Did't try that again.LOL

10. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    iv got too many to share :lol: not only did i do stupid things as a kid i still do them :lol:

when i was 2 dad set a rat trap the steel jawed trap out and told me to stay away from it well curiosity killed the cat but the trap caught this big rat , me :lol:

when i was 9 i climbed a tree in the front yard all the way up till the main trunk was small enuogh to wrap my hands around it . about 6pm mom hollored that supper was ready well vern went in but since we were playing hide and seek he didnt know where i was after an hour or so of mom yelling for me dad found me up the tree i was scared stiff , i asked dad to call the fire department to get me down he laughed and said you got up there youl get down , i did about 9pm and went to bed without supper not mention with a sore butt :lol:

when i was 12 me and vern got into dads redman chew we each had a jaw full and then had a contest to see who could walk the top of the fence the farthest around the corral well i was good on balance and could walk that 1 inch plank 50 feet till vern grabbed the fence out of anger and shook it , my feet went one way and my body went the other ouch i came down on the fence on my ribs bounced off to the ground that jaw full of baccer got lodged in my throat i finally coughed it up but was hurting bad , bout 11pm after not eating or moving from the couch i broke down and told mom i fell , didnt want to tell the trueth cause that would have ment dad would be pissed . come to find out i broke a rib .

iv got more but they can wait :lol:

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The worse thing I did as a kid, When I was 12 years old I had a trap line of close to 100 traps set out and every morning at 3AM I would get up and run the trap line and get back in about 6:00 AM and try and skin as many animals as I could before I had to get ready for school. I had all kind of lures that I would use on my trap line for fox and raccoon's and one morning I was running really late and just got home and had to get to school so when I got there I still had some of the lure bottles on me, in English class I was sitting there falling asleep, and remembered what my Granddad told me he did to get out of school one day, so I took a bottle of Skunk pee and dumped it down the heater duct in the class room, within seconds the class room was cleared out and the entire end of the school was moved into the lunch room. about 20 Minutes into removing kids out of class the school principal took me and three other kids out of the lunch room and moved us into his office, he stated that he knew one of us did it but could not prove it and if he found out we would be kicked out of school for two weeks, I almost raised my hand and said I did it so I could get caught up on my trap line but, I didn't..lol within the next hour school had been adjourned for the day due to someone skunking the school up.. :0) . I know when I got home and my Mother got home she knew I had done it without even asking, just cause my grandfather had told us kids all along about him pulling this prank to get out of school. about three years later I told the principal that I was the one that did it and he laughed then and said that was the best one he had ever seen, but I must of learned my lesson cause I never did it again, I told him my eye's watered something bad that day until they got us out of class and the heating system made it twice as bad.. lol

Please don't try this , its unreal.

I don't tell my kids about it cause I know Ryan would try it..lol:eek:oooh:

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Well, I wasn't going to get into this one but, here goes!!!!

At the tender age of 14 on Halloween night in 1972, some buddies and I decided it was time to get even with a real mean old lady that lived in our town(small town).
    Every Halloween, she would leave her porch light on and, that meant Candy for the kids. Well it was a ploy to get the kids to come to her door so she could yell and scream at them and chase them off of her property. We didn't think it was very funny considering we were taking our little brothers and sisters trick-r-treat'n.
    So that night me and some others took a rope and tied it around her outhouse and , drug it into the street in front of her house and burned it!!!!

She earned it!!!

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    yep I was out carp shootin with my bow I had my arrow knocked ready to shoot mr.carp, I must have a little bit of tension on the string, but to make a long stroy short my finger came off the arrow and the arrow went into the foot. not far but it blead alot.dumb stunt part A.
    Okay I have been shot and I sure didnt want anyone to find out.I put a bandaid on it and hoped it would go away.well it didnt! so I started soaking it in hot salt water and that seemed to work, that yellow stuff started to drain. ahh Im going to get threw this w/o telling mom. About 3 days later I saw these red lines running up my leg.This was in gym class, so I had to tell someone so I told the coach.By the end of the day the whole dang school knew I shot myself and I got to ride in an ambulance. Oh yeah after a few shots I lived to tell this stupid kid trick. smokey

14. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well Ive got a few but some great ones so far. I was really young maybe 4-5 when mom got her first brand new pick up, a little mazda one I think. There were some cans of spray paint in the garage and I guess I thought the red truck would look much better spray painted gold, I got the front fender and headlight on one side painted before I got caught.

This is probably the most scared Ive ever been. I always like starting little fires and it was always in a firepit or something with someone around to watch me. I was up on the farm and I dont have any idea what made me do this but I started a small fire in the middle of a fescue field in the summer. It got out of hand quick and I tried stomping it out and peeing on it. That didnt work so I ran as fast as I could to the house. Luckily the fire extinguisher was full and grandpa got it taken care of.

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i don't want to talk about it:embarassed: :0a10: :lol:

16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    man there are soooo many,,,where do i start. lets see, when i was about 12 my cousins had a dirtbike and wouldnt let me learn how to drive it. outta spite, i got up early one mornin while stayin the weekend with them, went out, finally got it kick started, rode a few rounds around the back yard...they had a track wore out in a pine tree thicket with huge hills that they would jump. i took it kinda slow until i got up the nerve to go a lil faster....by the time i had it goin good i realized i had forgotten how to get it to stop....eventually we did stop via runnin off the trail, across a tree stump that tore off the back brake and hittin the chain link fence. i realized i was really allergic to sudden stops. they all (all 3 boys older than me) came runnin outta the house with my aunt hollerin and yellin at me, when they found out i was ok....they never let me live it down.

17. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy, you people were some wild youngens. LOL It sure was fun though, wasn't it. OK one more for now...

My two cousins came to see us one time and they were about the same age my sister and I were, I was about 4 or 5. We had an ole wagon we used to go to church in and to town ever so often since the old Model T was wore out. Dad had a big plank for the seat of the wagon about 3 inches thick and 12 inches wide. The plank stuck out about 18 inches over each of the sides. I thought it would be fun to slide the plank over to one side and when my cousins sat on it I would be sitting out in mid air. It was fun, until they all got up at one time and I hit the ground and the board popped me in the top of the head, knocked me out cold as a cucumber again.LOL Wudden funny then though.

18. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    ive never done anything stoopid as a child:tounge_out:

actually i think i may have been mildly retarded, as i shot myself in the big toe of my church shoes in the winter when my feet were cold point blank with a new daisey red ryder and i thought my toe was gonna fall off !

then theres the time i cut the handles off my pops sears garden plow
    they made awesome hockey sticks !!!! that cost me a couple inches of butt hide:embarassed: .

another daisey red rider episode involved my shooting at the family cars truck lock plate .while we were on vacation.
    i was to stay at my sisters for a couple months and the folks were going home the next morning.
    sure glad i didnt accompany them on the trip back to illinois as the back glass was shattered but intact till they were in cape girardeau mo and it fell in and it was raining. i never did tell my pop i shot the glass till i was in my thirties.......................they thought it was the heat with all the windows rolled up.:roll_eyes:
    ok now i feel bad for that ONCE AGAIN:sad2:

19. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    me nd some friends like 5 yrs ago when i was 9 my friends dad had some haybells about 20ft high and they were in a barn so we were all jumping on them and i found a softspot and fell down about 10 ft through hay and got hay and dirt in my eyes, ears, pants, shoes, and my hair the eyes hurt the most i finally went inside and washed out my eyes after i had cried lol.

20. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just today I was riding my bike across a small parking area at a park where I always fish. Now I'm not a little kid anymore but I made a stupid (and embarrassing) mistake. I had my castnet in its container on the right handlebar, and my left hand was holding my rod. I let go to cruise across the parking lot no-handed and I had forgotten about the net. My bike spun sharp left and tumbled down w/ my backpack full of tackle on my back, cast net on my bike and rod in my hand. Even the clam I had just taken from the creek flew out of the backpack. And people were there - one older lady came over to make sure I was fine - and I said I was and I was glad my rod was ok. Then I got on my bike, gripped the handlebars, and sped over to the trail. I got off my bike and went down to the water thinking how stupid that was.:big_smile: