The Streak Is Finally Over!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by The Catfish Stalker, Jul 30, 2008.

1. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have gone fishing on the Illinois River quite a bit this summer and up until last Saturday I hadn't caught a fish AT ALL of ANY kind since April 29, 2008 in a tournament and the streak has finally ended.

I had been trying every kind of bait I could think of: shad guts, chicken liver, glow worms, frozen shad, stink bait and nothing seemed to work. I finally found a spot where I could get some live shad with a cast net and using live (not frozen) shad has seemed to be the key and caught a 2 lb 11 oz catfish. Not much to brag about, mind you, but something was caught. Now, hopefully my fishing partner and I won't be shut out for a four consecutive tourney. I think three in a row is enough. In fact, at the end of the last tourney we were talking to one of the guys who was on a top five team and he was honestly trying to help us, but after asking us a series of questions to which we replied "yes, we tried that" he finally just said, "you guys are bad luck," and walked away. Hopefully we can take in some fish to weigh and not embarrass ourselves further. Thank you for your time.

2. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    LOL. Sorry to laugh but I've been there. You know what happened? A really drunk kind of creepy guy in the licqour store looked at me and said you know what your problem is?...... You taking it to damn serious. I've been relaxing and having fun since and it hasn't been the greatest year, but I've been catching them.

3. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've probably been taking it too seriously, but I've never caught a catfish bigger than four or five pounds and I want to catch something in double digits.

Oh and don't worry about laughing, I'd be laughing if I weren't in my position.

4. fuman80

fuman80 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    dont feel too bad man, i havent caught anything in 2008! lol wel i did get a good size carp but thats not exactly what im fishin for ha

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on breaking your streak! I know that must be exciting. I was in your shoes last year and just couldn't catch a thing until after Sep.

6. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Well I'm probably ruined now..... I did the one thing that will keep me from catching any fish. I bought new batteries for the digital camera that was not working... now it works great! So I suspect that I wont be able to catch anything worth photoing from now on.