The strangest catfish baits

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catman529, Oct 21, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Ok, what was the strangest bait you caught a cat on? Channel, flat or blue, doesn't matter what species or whether you used a rod, trot or jugline. If you have caught a cat with a bizarre bait, post here and let everyone know.

Catman

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i caught one using whole kernal corn while fishing for carp once

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    a soft shelled taco from taco bell cut it into 1/3 pcs put it on a hook dropped it over the back of the boat and the rod doubled over a channel cat will eat anything :lol:

thats where skimax got his signature : fish eat fish , but really want tacos

he was there and couldnt believe it , but im a parrish brother if theres fish in the water we will catch them :lol:

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You have posted that you caught one on a taco before, and I was wondering about SkiMax's signature if it was related. Thanks for sharing.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Twinkie (spelling). It wasn't a big fish though. My brother had come to town with his boy so we went down to the creek to bream fish. I grabbed some biscut doe, worms and a couple of twinkie's for a snack. Well we ran out of bait and he wasn't done fishing so on went a chunk of twinkie and what do you know both of us caught a couple of very small bullheads, I laughed and laughed about that one.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    A jitterbug fished in the shallows for bass one night. He came up and lightly sucked it off the surface

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I knew you were gonna go there! Thanx! That's what I caught my PB on thanks to your suggestion. Ha, Ha...

8. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I still laugh about that Chuck-good times. We need to get out and do some fishing again here soon.

9. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    One night while fishing I had a hot dog with mustard on it. I wasn't hungry enough to eat it and I ran out of bait so I put the hot dog on. Didn't catch anything with it so I balled up the mustard covered bun casted it out and caught a channel cat within a few minutes. Haha bread has caught me a lot of catfish over the years so I guess adding mustard doesn't hurt either.

10. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    more than a couple of times i have caught channels on naked hooks. i trotline alot and put my hooks on the line first then come back across to bait them and have a channel on a hook.

11. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    uummm........... I guess that would be NO bait:lol: