The sportsmans Channel

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    What do you guys think of this channel?
    We are getting a free preview of this channel. It seems pretty cool.

Eric

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    It is AWESOME, I'am also a member of their website.

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I hope my local cable provider will offer this channel(without having to pay extra)i wish they would show more fishing shows espn, I remember as a youngster watching Jimmy Houston,Virgil Ward,Orlando Wilson,Bill dance.now if you wake at 3:00am you might catch Jimmy Houston. the outdoor life channel switched to versus now outdoor shows are relegated to to early AM time slots.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd Just like to watch it,I have Dish Network,Cant get it :sad2:

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would love to watch Catfishing America,but I don't have it as of yet. If someone who has Direct TV can tell me what channel it's on, I can see if I have that channel or at least see if I can get it.:sad2:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Pat, As far as I can tell, the Sportsmans Channel is not currently carrying Catfishing America, but I think they are going to have some of the Cabelas King Kat Tournaments this year. According to Direct TV's website, they offer the Sportsmans Channel on channel 605.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    We have been trying to get Direct TV to carry it but so far no luck. They have done removed some good channels ,least they could do is replace them with something good.(Without paying extra.)
    Yes it is on 205 but for an extra fee:sad2:

8. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    So it sounds like you guys like this channel. Maybe i'll look into how much it costs per month.

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    About the same experience with Dish Network. As far as I know they still don't offer the Sportsmans Channel at all. The keep adding channels, but most of them are grade 'c'. :roll_eyes:

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So I guess I've had the Sportmans Channel,just didn't know it. Wish they would get a few catfishing shows on. Thank you Brother Gary for your kind assistance in this matter.:smile2:

11. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Guys, directv carries the sportsmans channel. You may have to pay extra for it on directv, as an add-on or something, but it is available. Dish Network doesn't offer it at any price, right now. If you have Dish Network and want the channel, I'd suggest emailing them and telling them so. That's what I did!!! If enough of us request it, they'll offer it.

12. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I refuse to pay for any of those channels, its just a bunch of bass fishing and guys sittin in tree stands whispering waiting for a monster white tail:roll_eyes:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sportsmen channel is free on the local air waves here in California:wink:

14. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have direct tv and i get the sportsmans channel for free. i dont get the outdoor channel, but i dont like their programing anyway. if everyoen else has to pay for it maybe mine is just a glitch. i am not going to say nothing about it though. i am just helping the sportsmans channel with thier ratings during this economic downfall.