The spillway i fish lake allatoona

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Fishermancat1, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    Here are pictures of spillway full and spillway down. I think where the rocks come out is where i need to set for flatheads.

Attached Files:

2. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    John looks like a great place to start. Just make sure you use a three way with a break away weight if you are fishing that rock pile and bring extra lead with you. Another thing to check would be between that rock pile and the spillway as it look like ther may be a deeper hole in there. with the water that low see if you can locate some logs as close as possible to that spillway and that would be another possiblity. Good luck and let us know how it works for you.

3. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like a good spot for some yellas!

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Looks like a good fishing hole.

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i would definately fish this when the water is up. no telling what might be in there.

6. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    looks good when it was up. hard to say how deep it was when it was low. could very well be a good place to fish

7. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I couldnt seem to catch anything last time I was out there, have you had any luck for flats, (or anythin else) recently?

8. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I was out there a couple of weekends ago. I had Two nice size bream. One whole and one cut and nothing. Next time i go out there again i will try a float. I have read confirmed reports of flatheads being caught at spillway but i have not come with such luck.

9. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    you might try to cast right at the spillway and let it fall and see if it will get sucked up under the spillway great spot for flats it looks like good luck