The spawn is on.

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by catchinghogs, Jun 3, 2007.

1. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The fishing has got tough in the last week.Just want to know how others are doing in Pennsylvania.The last couple of trips have been dreadful with one or two runs and that is it. Seems like this June is going to be like last year when i couldnt catch anything.Well it will give me some time to fish with my daughter now that she will be out of school and hey at least the bass will be biting:beat_shot:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I never catch fish, no matter, day, month, time, bait....lol. I think Ohio has 24/7/365 spawn.

3. MON RIVER RAT

MON RIVER RAT New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    I'm catching all small ones 1 or 2 at a clip. Next state record is coming out of the mon baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Yeah the spawn is on in the Mon.
    Water temp's have been 81-F at the headwaters !!!

HAWK :smile2:

5. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Mark, the Allegheny is just as bad. The carp are biting though, I found that out Saturday night.

6. Y_ASK_Y

Y_ASK_Y New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeah i think its on, no good here for 2 weeks now..

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I kept a detailed log book of my fishing trips last year and the whole month of June was slow for Flatheads. The ones I caught were all on the small side. Towards the end of June things picked back up. Mark, it was June 24th last year we had that 24 Cat night on my boat! We have to get out and repeat that trip!:cool2:

8. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
  9. auctionman

auctionman New Member

State:
    pa
    Hi Mark,
    How true. Cats got a mind of their own. Spent six hours on the boat in a downpour yesterday thinking the added oxygen might help. No luck. Did grab the interest of a couple bass. Biggest one 17 inches.

Good fishin',
    George

10. ShipwreckDiver

ShipwreckDiver New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I'm in Michigan, and my story is the same. For the past two weeks the cats have disappeared. I get one or two small channels and that's it. It seems they'd rather be on the nest eating their own children minnows if they get hungry as opposed to venturing out and roaming for my big sucker minnows. Their loss I guess, but mine too unfortunately.

11. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    We put about 30 fish in the boat the past 4days cought some nice ones also last night was slow but we did get a 17lber in and a few small ones.

12. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my wife wanted to go with me fishing at the Nock and brought our daughter with. she didnt want to go in the evening because of the mosquitoes and our infant. so I finally got out catfishing from noon till 3pm from shore and the only thing I caught was some bait. I was using livers and also bluegill. at least saturday was a nice day to be at the lake.

13. auctionman

auctionman New Member

State:
    pa
    How long does the spawn last and what part of the river do they head to to satisfy their hunger?

14. mikepgh

mikepgh New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    that it is... Nice meeting you though!

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Guys,

Out here in eastern Pa, all we've gotten each night are 5 to 10lbers in the last week. My frineds and i fish evernight. 3 25lbers and 4 in the low 20's were landed by my frineds and I 2 weeks ago, but since then, just small puppies. The 3 out of 4 fish caught in the last week has spawn marks on them. Actually just got back tonight. Fished 8:00pm to 10:30pm. 1 7lber and 1 10lber. Had and lost 3 other runs (the fish were small).

16. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Monday, fished the Ohio River @ the New Cumberland Dam area. Thats @ about the 57 mile maker I guess and thats not to far from some of u. ONLY landed one 20# Flat and ONLY had 2 decent hits. What I'd seen is they r just tapping the cut baits making it real hard to get Flats, NOT GOOD!!!!

The water temp was @ 70 degrees there, so I don't think they started spawning yet. Most all would say it starts @ approx 73-74 from what I've read n seen here.

See the link
    http://www.lrd-wc.usace.army.mil/navtemp.html

:crazy:

17. gerbjello

gerbjello New Member

State:
    york, pa
    i haven't had good luck this week. but heven knows i gave them alot of choices they just like to make me look bad.

18. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Nothing at these parts here either Delaware or Schuykill. They not even nibbling on my last outing Thursday one guy manage to pull a half decent channel using a night crawler he was the only one among the five or six people there who caught anything. The only thing I have was a 28lb carp caught on memorial day to keep me going. The gentleman at the bait store said they are spawning and it should return to normal in about a week or so. Geez I hope we start catching something soon looks like my fishing buddy is starting to loose interest. :confused2:

19. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
  20. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    i went out yesterday on the conewago creek (york side), a tributary of the susquehanna, and only managed one good eater sized catfish that weighed 2.5 lbs. and was 19 inches long. I caught it on cut chub. Other than that, the catfish action has been extremly slow lately. How much longer will this last???