Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wounderin' ....when do the cats start to spawn on the lake around the Grove area? I here that they just pile up around sailboat bridge.Is that truth or tale? I'm just a novice at this catfishing and any info would be Great!! THANKS,Jack

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm not sure when the Cats start spawning, give me a day or two to ask around and I'll get back to you. One good place to fish by Sailboat Bridge is just east of the bridge on the south side by the bluffs just before you enter Wolf Creek, I may try there tomorrow morning.

I've been told when the Gar start spawning which be anytime now that you can wipe up on the Cats by fishing below the Gar. A friend of mine caught over 120# of Blues doing that last year, he used raw shrimp for bait.

I'm going out this evening and see if I can find some shad and set my jugs out and fish by Patricia Island for a couple hours. I plan to check some of the coves to see if I can see the Gar. I haven't heard of anyone having very good luck on the catfishing right now, but it has to pick up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the helpful info..I had heard that too about the gar spawning and catching cats below them... Good luck at catchin shad and jugin' .Are the shad still up shallow? I might have to come down and give it a try this weekend or monday...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got the jugs set out, didn't have much problem catching shad, they are no longer on the bank spawning. I put in at the Patricia Island ramp and it's a chore getting the boat launched and loaded with the lake up so high, I think the lake rose another foot today. I found the shad in the cut between Patricia Island and the shoreline.

I did a Google search on Blue Cat spawn in OK, appears they will spawn when the water temps are 76 to 84 degrees, but prefer 81 to 83 degrees. They can spawn all the way from May to August , but I gathered the main spawn is in June, pretty much depends on the water temp. The surface temp today was 72 degrees.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.