The Sopranos final show

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jimmy Don, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    How many fans of "The Sopranos" do we have out there? I have been watching it from the begining and will really miss it.

I really think it is funny how so many people got so upset over the final episode. I thought that it was a good way to end it my self. There was no way to really wrap things up in a neat little package,solve all of the problems and answer all of the questions. So why not end it with a big question?

I'm already going through withdrawals and it hasn't even been a week. I got desperate to see organized crime on TV yesterday that I turned on CSPAN.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Love the show and watched it every week also.

I am mixed on the ending. I think they tried to cram way too much in the last 3 episodes.

Does leave room for a movie though. Main characters still in play.

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm gonna miss it too James, Sunday nights just won't be the same!!

I had no clue how it was gonna end, but like you said, thats as good a way as any for it end!

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Yes, it was a great show with many talented actors. I was surprised and a little bummed out about the way they ended the last episode but the more I think about it the more I like the mystery of what happens next. I will really miss watching the Sopranos.

5. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'd like to see them do a movie set back in the 60's when Tony was just a kid and Johnny Boy Soprano was running the family.

They could have stories with Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Hoffa or maybe even something with John or Robert Kennedy. I think that would be cool.

6. benelli101

benelli101 New Member

State:
    mississippi
    I was a devoted watcher myself. Also still a little confused on the ending but i will definately miss watching. At least Rescue Me is back on. That makes it a little better.

7. gowens

gowens New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great show. Great last episode. Really gonna miss it.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wadda ya want from me! I live in Joisey! LOL!

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Watch "Mobsters" it is on at 11:00 on Tuesday nights on the Biography channel. Every week they do a documentary on a different (real life) Crime Boss. Its a good show.

10. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    loved it from the first episode. Spent the last ten min. on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen. The next day it came to me that I've been on the edge of my seat for the whole series. Thanks to the story writer for keeping it exciting to the very end.

11. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    I guess considering I felt like I was being primed for Tony's death/demise...the ending was a complete surprise.

Without the Sopranos and Lost, right now my TV watching is very minimal. Thank God for Mythbusters and Bill Dance! ;)

12. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    It was a let down, especially coming from such an awesome series. Do they me to tell us that the *best* they could come up with for the last Sopranos episode *ever*, was for me to think that my TV broke or that the cable went out for their "climactic finale"? I think that everyone has a little voice that tries to predict the plot, I'm no different. The whole thing with Meadow having such a hard time parallel parking in front of the resturaunt, I was just waiting for the front of the resturaunt to explode, with some nifty camera shot of her through the car window and a reflection of the explosion on the window. I was thinking that the guy at the counter, who kept eyeballing Tony, might be one of Phil's guys. It wasn't the first time I'd been wrong, and that's cool, but give me *something* (even if it's not what I'm expecting) entertaining. I was expecting the series finale to be better than any other episode I'd ever seen, and it simply wasn't.

Jon

13. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    When Tony and Bobby were at the lake they talked about what it was like to get "whacked"...Bobby said it's prolly like turning off a light switch...everything goes black. The suspicious guy at the bar went to the bathroom behind Tony then it went black. Maybe that was Tonys death...who knows? Good thing is there was not a definitive end to the story and maybe we'll see an HBO movie later on.

14. theflyfisher

theflyfisher New Member

State:
    CT
    They left it open (like the old X-Files) I bet, so they can follow with a motion picture

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We missed the last 2 shows but HBO is repeating those tomorrow night. We'll be there. :cool2:
    Sopranos has always been our favorite as for as HBO. Maybe it's because of some of my Yankee friends. :big_smile: