The somewhat new malware virus

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Dec 14, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Just let yall know if you get a internet security 2010 program on your puter hold on it's a wild ride.... It will lock your computer down... I just got mine straight after 3 days.... If anyone gets it give me a holla I have all the removers on disk...:wink::sad2:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    david, i had two teenagers that had three computers messed up with alot of crap- until i downloaded avg and malwarebytes. Cleaned them up and no issues since.

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC

Did you get malwarebytes for free? I downloaded it for free and then they wanted to charge me to delete the issues...

I can't fig out where I got it from.. I only check email from people I know, boc and craigslist.... Other than that I don't go to a lot of sites and haven't download any music in almost a year?? It's got me...

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I got mine for free.
    The trojan comes in popup ads when you misspell a website. I think this one started installing when clicking on "no" you dont want it. I cleaned mine out and it kept reinstalling itself. the malware bytes was free for me as are there updates. I am not sure what happened on your end. the avg found the trojan horse but wouldnt clean it. the malwarebytes cleaned it. i found it by searching by name on an internet search. All my computers have been trouble for quite a while-should be almost a year.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  5. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Now a days you got to have a good virus protection program as well as a good malware protection program. Malware/adware/spyware programs will clog your computer, change settings, and screw up your system registry among other things. This makes your virus protection program far less effective. I have tried numerous programs over the years. The best virus protection I have found is Kaspersky and Micro Trend. The best malware protection program I have found is Advanced System Care 3.4.1. It removes spyware, adware, malware. It fixs your system registry and cleans junk files. It optimizes your system and security defense to prevent spyware from being downloaded in the first place. It will also defragment your hard drive in less than 5 minutes. Great program. I run it everytime I update my virus protection program. Update your protection programs often because their are millions of people out there trying to get access to your computer. No joke.

6. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great post David. Thanks for the warning on the virus.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'm sick...or maybe my computer is. Checked everything with spybot and AVG (more than once) and they say it's okay, but it isn't. Thanks for the heads up bro.

8. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Whats your computer doing Tanya? Blue screen error messages, freezing up, crashing, etc. I've fixed several sick computers. Maybe we can help.