The skunk got me today.

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by copycat, Jun 8, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    My wife and I Managed to get a day off from work today so we hit the river.
    Had fresh (2 day old but not frozen) bunker and eel that had been frozen. We got there about an hour or so after high tide and fished till dead low tide. Many fish on the finder but couldn't get one fish to bite, not a bite all day! We tried several locations that have paid off in the past. About ten days ago they were hitting hard under the same conditions. We were there during the afternoon hours between 12:00 and 5:00. Wish I could have stayed longer but we had to get home by 6:00. I'm thinking that the cats are starting to feed more at night now, and the middle of the afternoon may be part of the reason for the dreaded skunking. Anyone else having better luck at night now?

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im thinking the same thing man, i think it is definantly a night time affair now..I havent gotten to go for about a week or so, hopefully ill get out there this weekend

3. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The calendar said 9:30 and 22:05 are the peak time and it said fair fishing. Sorry you didn't do better.

4. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    :006: Better luck next time. at least we dont have to wory abought the tides.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    My calendar says spawn time:confused2: ...they seem to be to busy to be biting here...dirty minded cats...sheesh...LOL:embarassed:

6. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, ya know, now that I think about it the fish on the fishfinder were showing up one on top of another!:lol:LMAO