The simple things

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ncfowler, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    The simple things in life is very often over looked, the other day after driving for 6 hours and I arriving at our vacation location I took off my shoes and just felt the soft carpet on my tired feet. This made me think how often I don’t just sit and enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Such as the cool water running over my feet in as stream, or my feet dangling over the side of the boat in the water, or the smell of fresh fallen snow, the sound of silence.

My most favored of all is when the air is clean and the trees look crisp and sharp, which will most likely never happen again due to the eye disorder I have, of all the simple things this I miss this the most.

So often does the stress of work, bills and every day life make us blind.
    Time is not taken to just sit and enjoy all the simple pleasures life has to offer us. We are either in too much of a hurry or too busy to notice what is going on around us and the simple pleasures are ignored.

So if you excuse me I’m going out and watch the clouds pass by and maybe even look for shooting stars tonight.

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    great post, Jeff.
    when i first read the title i thought it was gonna be about me:smile2:

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    thanks for the post jeff,
    we all tend to get caught up in everyday business and forget whats important which is enjoying the life we are given and all the blessings we have. it makes one stop and think about what we are really missing.

4. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It is bad how we all get caught up in the rat race and it really just don't matter if we are in it.

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good post Jeff.

And the older one gets, the more you think about those simple pleasures.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yep, you got that right ,Jeff. Sometimes one must stop and smell the roses.

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    As I was told as a little girl,"You just spoke a mouthful" and what truth was just spoken. I humbly thank you for saying this because you are so very correct! Reps to ya!~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jeff - You are right on the money about the simple things. I thought the same thing while fishing the other night and enjoying a very clear night with a billion stars out, a great meteor shower and the creatures of the night singing their songs. Don't get any better than that! :cool2:

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Yes, just dare to enjoy the simple pleasures in life... A walk on that carpet is bound to give one athlete's foot. Who knows what lurks beneath those trammeled threads?

Who knows what dangerous toxins are afloat in the cool water that stresses the fish population about your feet, or the poisonous gasses that you breathe?

No job is secure, and no security is guaranteed. Mortgages are in default, and the deficit is out of control. Health care is too expensive and insurance no longer pays. And the planet itself will be soon a burning ball of fire; that is, unless a burning ball of fire strikes the earth first.

Remember the days when life was simple? Perhaps this is why the Good Book says, "The just shall live by faith." :roll_eyes:

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    yes i dare to enjoy the simple things life has to offer, Life is too short to fear enjoying any simple pleasures, cowing in fear waiting for doom will take all the pleasures no matter how small or simple they maybe. If your faith is strong you should have no fear, so I question you can you enjoy the simple things life has to offer. I know my god is a just and loving god I have no fear, I dare to enjoy what pleasures my god gives me and take in stride for all the trials as well.

If you need to put a damper on your pleasures please fill free, BUT! DO NOT DAMPER MY POST!

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    At times, Jeff, one wishes that the BOC would provide a Delete Post as some other forum sites provide.

My post was intended to be a commentary on the way too many people think today, given the endless news chatter that fills our lives with fear on a daily basis.

It is clear that this post was not received in the manner for which it was intended. I truly apologize for putting a damper on your post. I will not post to your threads in the future.