The Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Jun 24, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    The season has started with Dale Earnhardt Jr announcing leaving DEI and signing with Hendrick Motorsports in 2008. Now Hendrick Motorsports is trying to buy the #8 for Jr. to race in.

This leaves Kyle Busch looking for a ride in '08.

Joe Gibbs Racing is currently talking with Toyota and possibly switching in '08.

Robbie Gordon has announced starting a 2nd team in '08 out of his shop.

Not sure what DEI and Robert Yates Racing is up to yet.

2. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Walter, Silly season is the best part of racing now they wont let the drivers fight,and the pit guys get creative.If you think you can keep up with silly season this year, YOU DA MAN!! I think this year will be the year to beat all silly seasons.I bet you they will sell more programs next year.. smokey

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the only thing silly i can see is michael isn't in the point race or cup race for a championship.... i think nascar outta do away with owner points and provisionals and base the racing on time once again. its sad when u are the 18th fastest like earlier this year and don't qualify....rollo

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Walter, your not keep with silly season. How many years do you think it will be befor they will just have 10 owners in Cashcar. the teams with one or two cars is gone.The sport is growing to fast and anything else its going to be the guys with the deep pockets that will be on top. I thinnk I will start to watch outlaw races.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I believe it will be only about 3-4 years when we see all the single car teams gone. World of Outlaws are great to watch. Both the late models and sprint cars on dirt is fun to watch. Actually at the beginning of the month at Eldora, Stewart hosted the "Prelude to the Dream" race for Victory Junction Gang. Wow, Carl Edwards won with Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon 2nd and 3rd. Other Cup drivers driving Late Model dirt cars were Kevin, Harvick, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman, Denny Hamlin, J.P. Montoya, J.J. Yeley, Ken Schrader, Bill Elliott, Kenny Wallace and several others that raced on dirt there.

6. Ecfool

Ecfool New Member

State:
    California
    Well lets remember where most the drivers running at Eldora made their racing starts, on local short tracks. You want good clean excitement go watch a good local dirt or even(cringe) asphault short track race.
    So remember you want real racing to survive support your local short track.

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Smokey,
    If you hadn't noticed that's the way it's been in Nascar since it began,the guys with the most money are on top,with a few exceptions. You get right down to it,isn't that the way it is in life in general,the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
    Glenn