The Shop is Open!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Finally had long enough at home to get the garage cleaned out! Built a new workbench and some shelves, rearranged everything, found all the tools my two "helpers" have strung from he!! to breakfast in the yard, and just generally cleaned house.

As the cold weather sets in I'm always looking for something to do so if any of you local brothers have a project that you need some help with or some welding work done, drop me a line. No worries on labor charges, they're calculated in beverages:smile2: Happy Holidays!

Branden

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sure wish you lived CLOSER:eek:oooh:

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Branden I wish I had a shop... >>> Jealous :confused2:

Congrats and I know you will have fun :smile2:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Heck yes Branden!!!!!! I'm in the middle of building a big a$$ deck by myself!!! Ya bored????:smile2:

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I soon as i get the rest of my parts in for my outboard ,i can use your help one day:wink:

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is great that you have your work station in order. I don't have a project , but I am always up for beverages:wink: Have beverage will travel.:smile2:

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Darryl, if you want to bring the deck over here and we can work on it in the shop, I'm happy to help:wink:

Jess, any time I'm around come on by - I tend to spend a lot of time kind of leaning on whatever it is of mine I'm s'posed to be working on, absorbing cold beverages for inspiration:smile2:

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to have a heated winter enclosure on my boat. Can I drop it off on Friday? LOL :wink:

9. boost3782

boost3782 New Member

State:
    USA
    I'll just come and drink beer with ya in the warm shop lol.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Those sound like some real nice labor charges!!! Congrats on the shop!

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey Buddy, Can ya toss up a few pics of the nice shop? Would really love to see the floor space :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Back out to the land of the lost? or about time for Christmas Break?

You set up for aluminum yet? Tig system been delivered? what can we build out of a 4'x8'x1/8th" shiny sheet?

Merry Christmas to y'all Branden.

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I need to - I know nobody who's ever seen the garage believes you can actually see the floor:smile2:

Funny you ask about aluminum - I just picked up a 220v mig set up, a roll of .030 AL wire and a bottle of Argon:big_smile: Gonna burn up a bunch of scrap till I get it figured out and then weld up all the rivets on the bottom of the boat:wink:

I'm home for the next 2 weeks (vacation from the 19th to the 2nd) so hopefully I'll get to play with my new toy quite a bit.

Merry Christmas to you too!

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Ah-man, sweet dude! sweet! just remember roll of dimes :wink: she should look like a roll of dimes when yer done, now here is a thought and should be great for practice, see how many of them AB cans you can weld together, once ya get them licked nothing will be hard :smile2: :smile2: considering you must empty said can before it is to be heated :eek:oooh:

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Theres a floor there ,just kidding :big_smile: Merry Christmas Branden

15. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I don't know Branden I have seen you have said adult beverages and those labor rates sound kind of high to me.:haha: Having spent a little time in that shop I am curious to see what the floor looks like, was it how you remembered it when you moved in? J/K buddy I hope you Shawna and the boys have a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Congrads on the shop. I'm like Paul wish I had one.The one we all use up here on the hill is so full of neighbors junk you can't hardly ever get into it.:sad2:Then you can't find anything when you can.:roll_eyes:He's worse than a pack rat.:eek:oooh:
    Have fun in yours and winter will be over before you know it.

17. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Shop is kind of overstating - it's a two car attached garage. What makes it a shop is working on things/building things in it instead of just parking cars:big_smile: Still, it's warm, has a large selection of tools, and surround soud and a fridge, so I ain't complaining. :big_smile:

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Here you go, O ye of little faith - pix of the garage with nothing on the floor but stuff that belongs there:big_smile: The new mig setup is on the bench. It's nice and toasty in there so I didn't open the garage door to step outside in the freezing rain to get a better pic:smile2:

Attached Files:

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    HOLLY SHEEPDIP, LMAO! Looks great buddy! gotta love this weather were getting tonight :eek:oooh::crazy:

20. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Brandon come clean my shop I'll buy:roll_eyes: