The Secret to Catching Catfish

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mrs Okie, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois
    Team Robinson and the Okies did pull an all nighter. We mad it back to Maple Island around 10 this morning. As Willie said it started really slow, but it got pretty fast and furious there for a while. Boated over 20 fish, not sure exactly how many because I slept thru most of them.

We had 3 reclining lawn chairs in the boat. I started out in one and after a nap, I gave mine up to Shawn. I curled up on the step to the front deck. A short step, but I am a short woman. Any way, I had on jeans, my frog tog set, a fleece lined hooded sweatshirt and a life jacked. I grabbed a parka for a blanket and a pair of ski pants for a pillow, got toasty warm and I was out like a light...fast asleep and that is when the fishing got good. Scott and Willie (especially Willie) were sacking them up. I think Shawn also had a nap or 2 but did wake up to catch his big flathead. That was right before he lost his rod and reel.

Now the secret to their sucess. You know the sound them old fish make, well Scott and Willie decided that I was calling them in. It appears that I was snoring (I DO NOT SNORE...I PURR) and the jerks discussed that the fish thought I was a big old Mama Blue calling in her young uns.

So, I have decided to market my talents for calling in the fish and will charge them accordingly the next time we go out. :wink:

PS...Thought I would tell the story before they starting telling their fibs on me.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL! Purring??

3. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    You must teach me how to "purr" correctly!! My style makes the asians jump and the dogs howl. Please please please, the money orders on the way!

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i know your new here but thats how you get your name changed around here.....lmao never give them ammo like that

5. MoDamselfly

MoDamselfly New Member

State:
    Mo
    Laughs, I swear Mrs OKie when we sleep is when the fishing gets good. Ryan kept telling me to go to sleep when we went out! *Laughs* Im glad you had a good night out on the river!

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Mrs Okie some just have a more pronounced purr than others ,also to a untrained ear; a purr, could sound like a snore :wink::smile2:

7. Mrs Okie

Mrs Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Illinois

I know, Russ, but Team Robinson and the damn Okie are so apt to tell tales on me that I just had to tell the let the truth be known.

8. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    That's what I've been telling my wife for almost 14 years! Never once have I ever heard myself snore, so it doesn't happen, in my book. From her tellin, my "purr" could probably be heard by Mrs. Okie where she was at.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    what a Great night it was.... Nothing real big but i cant remember how many 5-15lbers we caught... man.. I got 1 of those Bill Dance catfish combos and that sucker DANCED all night.... I'll close my eyes for a min or so and I'll hear Scott...Will, Will there he go.. after awhile it was more like aint this a b&^$H... Are you gonna share some of those damn fish...lol

sooooooooo funny... hey Reps to the Okies for get us on a great night

10. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

:eek:oooh: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Cat Whisperer?

Good job on the fish, by the way. Looks like you all had a great night!

12. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    willie you need to tell the story of the lost rod and reel:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    There is no lost rod and reel...We know exactly where it is at...:wink: :wink: