the season is on!!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by missouri cat hunter, Sep 8, 2009.

1. missouri cat hunter

missouri cat hunter New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey whos cant wait for the 15th to start to go bow hunting im already to go only one more week and the deer is lookin great this year good big healthy deer so it looks like its goin to be a good season

2. jweber81

jweber81 New Member

State:
    nevada,missouri
    i need to have some new arrows made up, but other i am ready to go:big_smile:

3. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ready here as well..Going out the first day with my good buddy...It came quick this year!

4. missouri cat hunter

State:
    missouri
  5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea, I'm done fishing till i get a buck on the ground or gun season starts, I stop hunting then. Got my bow ready to roll, shot Tuesday and had 2 inch groups at 50 yards, not that I would shoot a deer that far. This weekend pulling out my clothes and I'll be set! Good luck and be safe everyone! Chris

6. fishjunkie

fishjunkie New Member

State:
    montana
    hello all i use to live in pilot grove mo sure loved the bowhunting and the fishing

7. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sounds like you could shoot one at 50 yards if you wanted though. I've been ready for a while and now I'm just biding time for it to FINALLY get here. Actually have to sew in a little bit of winter rye over my existing food plots and then I'll be done for good.

I'm hoping to wack a doe next week right away and get the freezer stocked up with some meat again. It sucks not having any backstrap in the freezer.:embarassed:

8. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I bought a new Mathews DXT last year and it shoots incredible! Pulling 75 pounds so plenty of energy at 50 yards but I dont think its ethical to take a shot that far, way too many things that can go wrong, really dont like to shoot past 30 on a live target. You're on Missouri Whitetails also I think. Chris

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Yep I'm always over there blabbing as well. I forgot you were on there, but now that you mention it I remember you posting pics of your 80# blue you caught at the Truman Tailrace.

10. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    I cant wait. My 14 yr old has a Parker Buckshot that he hunted from a blind last year. He got a 15' ladder stand and harness system for christmas. All set up and ready to go. We have had a lot more sign around his stand than mine... Maybe I should kick him out of it.... Or ground him so he cant go.... hehehehe:roll_eyes:

11. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Hunt besides him in a hang on or something. I was with my girlfriend when she got her first bow deer last year and it was more exciting for me than any of my personal kills. Would have been perfect for filming as well, but did not have a camera on us. :confused2:

12. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    I actually have his first Turkey and Rifle Deer on film. And I would agree. It is a much greater rush for me to be beside him and see it.

13. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    All ready, too bad it will rain on Tuesday. Better get out the raingear.:smile2:

14. missouri cat hunter

State:
    missouri
    maybe that rain will bring in cooler wheather and reall turn the deer on ive already got it planned calling in to school sick on tuesday and dont have it wed lol so its all set up ready to go

15. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'd give up a day of hunting for some much needed rain. My food plots would sure like it.