The Scioto is very shallow right now.....

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Hoopie, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went out yesterday for a little channel cat action in my newly repaired boat that I sunk late July and wouldn't you know we were zooming along and BAM dry dock! We went about 60 feet up on a gravel bar, another 10 feet we would have been through it. lol

That is my brother he striped down to his boxers because he didn't want to get his jeans went,guess what, it poured down rain before we got back to the ramp so he got soaked anyways.

Attached Files:

2. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Glad to see you guys didn't get hurt. That is the one reason I don't take my larger boat in my local river. Too shallow. Right now though, places that normally would be ok are iffy. Lack of rain has made getting to a lot of spots hard to do.

Hope there wasn't much if any damage done to the boat/motor

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio

No one was injured the boat is ok the motor is fine. A couple friends showed up and we pushed out to deeper water and cruised on back, after cleaning all the rocks out of the jet pump of course.

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    aahhhhhhh the jet..........That's one thing I wished I had for my boat. A local Duck/goose hunter has one on his boat and can take that thing all over the river.

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    With the water being so shallow the fish should be stacked up in any decent hole. Maybe with the rain we are supposed to get this week it will bring the levels up alittle.

6. fishin' addict

fishin' addict New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree, I went there saturday and the spot I went to looked shallow enough to walk across.

7. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Been there did that .Only another 10 feet!

8. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Glad everyone and everything is alright. You're just having the dangdest luck this year ,ain't ya??

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nice to see everyone is ok.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is always a surprise! I hung mine up down here in Georgia a few months ago. Man it too me forever to get it off.

11. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!

12. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fixed that problem, went today and got a 4 ton come a long and 100 feet of rope.