The satellite blues

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by beetle, Jul 13, 2007.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just got to cry and wine a bit. I come home from work last Tuesday evening turned on the TV to watch the talking heads a bit and no picture on the TV. I've had the same sat. company for 13-14yrs. I check the signal and I've got none. So I go outside move the dish a little still nothing. We had some real bad T-Storms that day so I figure lightning must have hit my dish. So I call custumer service, after being on hold for 30min I get someone who tells me the fastest they came have someone look at it is this saturday the 14th. 4-1/2 days without any TV! Man did that suck. So I complain my way up the food line but it gets me no where. So I hang up and call their compeditor. I tell them how dissaatisfied I am with my currant provider and tell them if they can have me a new system installed before the 14th the got a new customer. They are more than happy to help but the best they can do is Friday the 13th between 12-5pm. So I tell them I'll call them back. I call my sat. company back and give them one more chance to keep a good customer and let them know their compition can install me a new system faster than the 14th. They offer me $150 to stay but tell me that the 14th is the best they can do. So I cancelled my service and bid them farewell. I called the compition back and got the same girl back in sales and tell her to sign me up. She says she would put me at the top of the list, if any one can get there before Friday the 13th they will call but if not they will be there to install the 13th beetween 12-5pm. I take off work today pull all the furniture away from the walls and remove all the existing cables to my "old" system so the "new" guy can get in and get done. I sit all day and no one shows! I call at 5pm and they say someone dropped the ball and forgot to tell the installer. I'm pi$$ed but I guess you can come the next day right? No. It will be the 17th 12-5pm before we can come now! Man am I ticked! You just give me back my money you took from my CC on tuesday and I'll be done with you too I tell him. You will have to wait 7-10 days for my money back he tells me. So I hang up and call my first sat. company back and try to get back on schedule with them. They can not give me a day only that they will call to schedule with my 72hrs before they can come. So here I sit with no TV and the wife and kids mad because no one has any TV and I can't give them an anwser to when! And before anyone say's, "Yes" I value my life and there is no way my wife would let me go fishing tonight after she heard the news about no TV for another 4 or 5 days! Sorry this was long but I have nothing else I can do tonight!LOL I guess Monday I will see about becoming an installer of sat. systems so I can help the "one" guy out that does it in the state of OHIO!LOL

2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What else can happen today?

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    better than me, ive never had sat. i wish i did tho. the main reason i love going to my grandmas is so i can watch the outdoor channel. also so i can shoot my 12 ga. or .22 but thats not near as fun as watching sat. tv. lol

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't ask!!!! It is friday the 13th!:eek:oooh:

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Roger, do you have an appointment for Monday for someone to come out? Who was your first provider, PM me if you don't want to say it on here. And do you know how many LNB's your current dish has?

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Oh you shouldn't have said that!... I have 1 word for you...comcast. you can TV, Ethernet & Phone all together! 1 bill and ALOT CHEAPER than your probably used to! If you have it your way its worth a look. :wink:
    JMO-
    ~Jay

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    All you have to do is go buy the competitors satellite system and install it yourself. Take the old dish off the post and put the new one on. Call the company and go through the account setup.
    I'd rather install it myself anyway. I aint crazy about folks being in , under, around my house I dont know anything about.

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    DirecTV is my current provider. They could not give me a date and time for service, only that they would call me 72 hrs before. Dish network is who I called for a new service that never showed up for my appointment yesterday. The next best time Dish could give me (after their mistake) is the 17th 12-5pm. My dish has 2 LNB's (I think).:angry:

9. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Roger,

Sorry to hear about all this frustration. We went through a similar mess with Dish Network, when they couldn't seem to get a service tech out here... so we switched to Direct TV and also got a better deal.

Both of these companies are constantly advertising to hire installation techs around here. I don't think that one co. is necessarily any better than the other... just looks like - in our rural area, at least - they both have a really hard time getting enough tech help to manage their customers.
    Sure hope you can get it resolved soon. In the meanwhile, maybe rent some movies or rediscover the joys of Monopoly?? :wink:

10. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    I would put up the dish myself, nothing to it. I have carried a small TV with me up on the roof and tuned them in easily.

I had Direct TV for many many years, got talked into going to Dish Network - I keep it till the 1 year contract expired and went back to Direct.

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

11. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Had problems with dish network here. The girl who used to live here had dish and never disconnected it. So when we tried to get service they would not give it to us because they already had it at this address. wouldn't disconnect hers unless she cancelled it. I didn't know how to find this woman and after several calls to dish I got angry and told them what they could do with their service and called directv. They installed it 4 days later. We did have some problems with local channels for a month though. Caused me to miss the superbowl that year. Aint had no problems since. Knock on wood.:wink:

12. flathead jack

flathead jack New Member

State:
    ohio
    geez, everybodys behind the times aint they, I have a veiwsat free to air satelite system. paid 150 for the box and thats it, gets every channel imaginable and dosnt come with a bill!

13. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What's that, Jack? And how does it work? Sounds too good to be true! :tounge_out:

By the way, welcome to the BOC!

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Do like I have for 5 weeks.. Lay in bed, Hurting 2 bad to get up or get around.
    I get down with my back like this ever few years. And let me tell you. It will give you a new out look on life..
    If its not working they think they can get it working some day.. I am happy, As 12 years ago I had a guy cut on my back. Then great news... Your going to good as new. 4 months later back in his office. Well looks like we have to do it again. Then after that one. Its well you have to learn to give up on a lot of things that you did get a lot of pleasure out of,
    Then 4 years ago. 99% blockage in heart. Doctors tells my wife. That she will have a new man in a few weeks. That one she is still waiting on.
    So I guess I am trying to tell you is.. Be grateful you can wait on something. And that if it can happen bet on it because it will happen..
    Also for me every time I think well the other guy can get to me faster, But can they?
    Good luck and enjoy the peace and quite..
    have a great day.
    Pete

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I ditto this, and will add a couple of things. We have had good luck with Direct TV so far...knock on wood. In our area, they seem to be the best option, but are not without faults. I have 2 gripes. We were supposed to recieve a portable DVD player/TV, and even after asking about it several times, we never got it. That made me :angry:!!! Also, we can't get The Sportsman's Channel, so I won't be able to watch Catfishing America. That also makes me :angry:, and a little bit :sad2:!!!

16. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well Here's the next round of bullsh&&t. I figured after Friday I would call both companies until one shows up. Called Dish 7:30am yesterday...nothing they can do for their computer error causing no one to show up for my install Friday the 13th. We are still on schedule for Tuesday the 17th.:angry:Why we got pushed to the back of the line no one can answer. I get off the phone with them and call DirecTV...do you have a date and time yet? Yes, someone will be there today between 4-8pm? I guess its a good thing I called in huh? She gives me the number to the company who is coming out to my house. I call them and yes a tech will be there today.:big_smile:Wow I can't believe it! 5:30p a guy shows up for directv...see's I have taken all the cable out and say's I need a new work order for a new install. I explain everything to him and offer to double what he would get paid if he will just get me some working service. No go he says, I tell him that as of Friday's phone call to directv I am on the list for an upgrade adding one more box. So he calls Directv and tells them he has a wrong work order, they ask to speak to me. Yes he is there for a service call only this guy tells me I still have not got a date for the new work. To please send the tech on his way.:angry::angry:I beg this guy, please don't leave without at least one tv working. So he at least agrees to check out my dish. It did get hit by lightening. All 3 of my boxes are shot and the LMB at the dish...he left. :sad2:So I am back to the waiting game again! Some day maybe my family and I can watch some TV. You should have seen the sad faces when the wife and kid got home from the store after thinking this guy was hooking up are TV's again to find he left us with no service still.(I can not post how mad my wife was,is):angry::angry:

17. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Let her call!:smile2: That's why I do it at my house. I can be sweet and nice untill they PI$$ me off, then I let them have it.:wink: But then again, sometimes they hang up on me.:eek:oooh:

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If I am having problems with a company or their service I never call. I'll get a female to call. They'll get farther with a man or woman over the phone then a man can.
    Try it for kicks sometime.:big_smile:

19. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    She has called both places too! Maybe they will get tired of hearing from us someday.

20. barrelbritches

barrelbritches New Member

State:
    Texas
    beetle pm me there is a easyer way.