The Sardine Can

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by GwillE, Oct 4, 2009.

1. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    O.k guys here it is the famous sardine can. I had this boat for about four years sitting in my backyard. I picked it up in mesa. some guy had a for free sign on it. this year was my first year taking it out. Never really planned on using but since I had to sell my 20 footer this is what i got for now. So imagine this can loaded with ice chest,trolling motor,poles,chair,net, anchor,myself and sometimes my son. scary?
    I also once took it across bart with truworld & myself in it too look for bait. That was a funny sight. the wakes of pwc were putting water in the boat.

Attached Files:

2. suey

suey New Member

State:
    arizona
    looks like an awesome river boat for bartlett and the upper salt

3. Overkil

Overkil New Member

State:
    Arizona
    wow...not much of a margin for error with that boat....forget the PWC wake...I'd be worried about ripples from a jumping fish...but it's better that nothing, though, which is what I got right now, nothin'

Thanks for posting the pics..!

4. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :crazy: :crazy::crazy:

5. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I have to say it is way more then what I have BUT..... :smile2:How much aluminum foil and popsicle sticks did that boat take to make??? lmao!!!:smile2:
    j/k gwille

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    gilbert that looks like some boats that i have owned in the past. whatever it takes to get on the water. just gotta be careful and wear those PFDs.

7. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    Did you carry a big buckle to dip water out:smile2: been there and done it myself Hey did u catch any fish

8. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey man whatever it takes 2 get the flats.:wink:

9. GwillE

GwillE New Member

State:
    Phoenix,AZ
    this is for overkill as well speaking of fish ripples.... I believe i have posted this story before but I enjoy telling it. One night a buddy of mine (ted) took it out. I hooked into a big one after about a 5min fight I got him to the front of the boat were ted was sitting I was just able to pull his head out the water and I yelled " ted grab him!" and again " ted please just grab him" and he would'nt! I was so upset with him. I gave one big tug on my pole ted grabbed the line and the fish was able to get off the hook.I couldnt believe it! Ted later explained to me he wasnt afraid of the fish,he was afraid of the boat rolling. maybe he was right. But to this day I still give him shit about being afraid of fish:smile2:

10. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
  11. gotabig1

gotabig1 New Member

State:
    arizona
    that boat is the shit

12. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    looks about like mine, It is fun to take it out. I'm gonna take it to an urban lake tonight. Biggest lake I've been on with mine is Patagonia. Yep, wakes make for a big adventure with 2 guys in it.

Attached Files:

13. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    used to have a 12 ft jon boat. used it everywhere. got harry a few time i admit, but lots of fun.
    gary

14. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    I saw at an yard sale, a fiberglass boat about 8 feet long,was cool!:cool2:

15. Chalk Saunders

Chalk Saunders New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Last summer I would kayak out to some oil rigs in the gulf by Galveston they were about 2 miles out. There was a crazy guy out there one day in a 12' jon boat he told me about going 10 miles off shore in it once.

16. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    You say going 10 miles out on a jon boat is crazy, I say a kayak leaving the sandy beach and actually putting it into the ocean is crazy let alone 2 miles out..... lol

17. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona
    Kayak dont sink tho,they are designed to go underwater!

18. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    :crazy:but but but but.... i dont want to go underwater........:crazy:

19. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    Ill let my bait find them not half of my body!!!

20. brianthelion02

State:
    arizona