The Saluda River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by garrick, Jun 8, 2008.

1. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    up by Ware Shoals is low, low, low.

It's a good time to pick up weights, swivels, and stuff people have lost on rocks and fallen trees (I snatched up about a pound of various sinkers and stuff this morning) . Bad time to cruise up in a boat.

If you're coming up out of Lake Greenwood, go slow.

2. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    How about the fishing down there? I fished down there several times during May, and caught quite a few nice channels, but I tried it last saturday, and only caught one about 3 lbs, and only had a few more bites.

3. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    It's real slow.
    I tried fishing by the dam this morning. Channels were eating lazily around 5:30-6am. As soon as the sun broke the horizon, that was it. I tried from 5:30 to 7, and came home with two eater channels. Both were caught withing 5 minutes of each other before the sun got up.
    I don't think they like it hot and sunny.

4. nasty nate

nasty nate New Member

State:
    south carolina
    That is what usually happens when I fish down there, I do pretty good until about 45 minutes after the sun comes up.

5. superlite17

superlite17 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hello everyone! Where are the good spots? Went behind the dam on Saluda Dam Rd, was a nightmare to get down there with my gear, and did not get the first bite.

Thanks - Rod

6. garrick

garrick New Member

State:
    SC
    Same river, totally different dam, bro.
    I think Saluda Dam Road is up by Easley or Greenville, and I've never fished up that way, so I've no clue.
    I'm sure there are tons of the very helpful folks on here who know all about it, though!