The rut is starting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bsu_catfisher, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I don't know what everyone one else is seeing but here in southern Indiana the rut is really heating up big time. Earlier this week we had a couple bucks and does right up by the house. The one buck was a real nice mature 8 pointer.

This morning I went out to walk around and see what was out moving since my bow out of commission. As soon and I started across the yard I had a young six come out in the yard with his nose to the ground non-stop. He was running around within thirty yards of me and never paid any attention to me even when I started bleating at him. Later my father in law said a nice buck came out in the yard and when he bleated at him he came right across to yard straight for the truck. Sadly I think the rut will be all but totally done when gun season opens on the 14th. Anyone else seeing much going on?

Good luck and shoot straight!!!

2. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This full moon is what always makes me stay in the stand all day its starting to get better each day. Last week i seen 2 120" bucks bedded down together, i bet they aren't now!!!!!! I think gun season will be alright with the rut, ive been bowhunting alot and i bet the peek of it hits it on the nose. I think the big boys are just now starting to search alittle it should be good all week and really by this weekend.

Good luck everyone!

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I don't think it is in yet here. I was out all day Saturday and saw 4 does but no bucks at all.

4. team salmon

team salmon New Member

State:
    kansas
    the seeking phase is going on here in kansas now however the guys I've talked to said they're mostly younger bucks doing the running right now - did see a real nice buck lastnight about 9p.m. so I'd say they're starting to mill alittle - a few does should come in by this weekend and the big boys should be out looking to get lucky - lock down (peak of the rut) is probably another 14 to 18 days out but after that short slow time thanksgiving week should see alot of movement again - hunted all this last weekend and saw one possible shooter but imo it's just a matter of 4 or 5 days till all hell breaks loose (in regards to BIG NOCTURNAL BUCKS BEING UP ON THEIR FEET DURING SHOOTING HOURS) good luck everyone!!!!:big_smile: