The ROLLS ROYCE of AMBASSADEUR REELS

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Flamekeeper, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Since this is my 2000 post, I'm celebrating it by posting the BEST of the BEST REELS EVER MADE IMHO.

Sitting in its Garage since it went Collector, The Ambassadeur Morrum is the best round bait casting reel Series ever produced by ABU.i ordered this one straight from the manufacture in Sweden.

Made in Sweden the M7700CL is the biggest in the line-up of the series, and since they went collectors a few years back, well you guys can see where I parked mine. right back into the original box it came in.

It rests with a the original tools, oil in tube, along with the extra spool and booklets.

It is constructed of a-

One piece extruded aluminum frame.
    Anti-Distortion Spool technology.
    Three stainless steel bearing drive.
    Smooth and Powerful C2 drag.
    One piece non-slip aluminum spool.
    Synchronized Level-wind.
    Automatic spool engagement system.
    Line out alarm.
    Permanent Laser etched cosmetics.
    Velor reel bag
    • included.(still have it too.)
      Gear Ratio: 4.1:1
      Line Capacity: 305/20 (yds/lb. test)
      Weight: 19oz
      Line retrieved/handle turn 22 inches

The only thing I regret is not ordering 2 of them when I had the chance. I changed my mind and ordered my brother a Dawia CVZ 300A for his birthday instead..

Its been posted before, only one little ding in it as you can see in the picture on the left side plate. Other than that shes in mint condition.I also have the M5600

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    REPS to that bro. That looks like a expensive high class reel.

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    That is a sweet reel . I wish I had a dozen of them .

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Kenney,
    Congrats on the 2k posts!!!
    and, Thanks for sharing the pics and stuff about the Morrum,, Neat reel.
    Thx, Greg

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kenny Congrats on the 2000 post. I agree that is the Rolls Royce of reels. Thanks for sharing.

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i happen to have 2 of the 7700's myself:wink: I dont even use them anymore haven't in years best dam reels i ever used 2!!!! Hats off 2 ya!!!

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken

They are SWEET,, Abu has a 7700 that looks just like the Morrum M7700CL The etch morrum across the front lets you know if its the real deal..

You want to sell yours?:Stars::Stars:

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I just sold off the SX7700CL I had this summer.It was a good real.A little bit different than yours.I never saved the box for mine,it came in a lined cedar box.I would have if I would have known the boxes were going to be worth $75!

9. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Gee...Kenny She sure is purty!!!..Sorry if i got your name wrong i was thinking it is kenny!!lol

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Name
    1000 Red
    1000 Silver
    1003 LP
    1500 C
    1750 A
    2500 C
    35th Anniversary Lite
    4500 C
    4600 C
    5000 3 Screw
    5000 4 Screw
    5000 75th Anniversary
    5000 A
    5000 B
    5000 C
    5000 D
    5500 C
    5500 D
    5600 C
    6000 B Palming plate
    6000 C
    6000 C Palming Plate
    6500 Black Max
    6500 C
    6600 C Black Thumbar
    ABU 8600
    ABU Ambassadeur 4000
    ABU Garcia 3000
    Ambassadeur 10 000 CA
    Ambassadeur 3000 Tan
    Ambassadeur 4000 D
    Ambassadeur 5000 3 Screw 306044
    Ambassadeur 5000 3 Screw 800400
    Ambassadeur 5000 3 Screw 810100
    Ambassadeur 5000 4 Screw 113153
    Ambassadeur 5000 4 Screw 171644
    Ambassadeur 5000 4 Screw 179826
    Ambassadeur 5000 4 Screw 209238
    Ambassadeur 5000 A 3 Screw 760705
    Ambassadeur 5600 EON
    Ambassadeur 6600 Tournament
    Ambassadeur 7000
    Ambassadeur 8000
    Ambassadeur 8000 C
    Ambassadeur 8500
    Ambassadeur 9000
    Ambassadeur FIVE
    Ambassadeur Garcia 4000 Red
    Ambassadeur Mag 1
    Ambassadeur SEVEN
    Ambassadeur SIX
    Ambassadeur TEN
    Ambassadeur ULTRA MAG XL1
    Morrum 3600 C
    Morrum 5600 C
    Morrum 6600CL
    Morrum 7700 CL
    Morrum SX 1600 C Ultra Mag Forell
    Morrum SX 3600 C 50th An.
    Palming Plate Ambassadeur 4500 C Silver
    Palming Plate Ambassadeur 5500 C3
    Palming Plate Ambassadeur 6000 C
    Palming Plate Ambassadeur 6500 A
    Record 5000 4 Screw
    Record Amb 5000 50th An.

Heres the line up of the ABU round reels, I dont find a SX7700,, BUT!
    You sure it wasn't SX 3600C 50th An, Being in the cedar box.:Stars:.Boy you should have kept that baby for sure$$$$

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  11. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I might have to break them out of retirement someday!!!:Stars: I used mine on 14ft fenwick 1 piece tuna rods for casting long distance at the tail-race...I was the longest caster at Kerr dam years ago..with a string of 3- 5/0 hair jigs i could cast 115yards consistently past the edge of the generators where the big fish hung out...they done many of battles & that was with 30lb Ande back in the day..no telling what braided would do now days!!! Nope mine are both Morrum 7700cl's for sure..my PB came off those reels 47lb blue out of 100000cfs tail waters..I may have an old polaroid picture..Now your gonna make me look for it!!!:Money:

12. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    thats a beaut! looks like it caught a fish or two!

13. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Sam can back me up on the gears of this baby Royce, The biggest fish I caught on it was a 43lb flathead.When I first saw the fish I was amazed how small the fish felt under the smooth gears. It cranked that fish in like a bluegill No Kidden!. I have only used it maybe 10-20 times, always set in a rod holder, cleaned and covered after each use with the little black volur bag. You was almost correct, It has reeled in only 3 flatheads.:Happy:

I know of a ABU dealer that sold one for over 1000. Now thats what I'm talking about and why its in the box. :Money:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  14. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got mine off this small tackle dealer If i remeber right he wanted 200.00 a piece!! Lot of money back then....Talked him down to 350.00 for 2 they disappered as fast as they came...I have only seen a very-few to this date...Thanks for the memory flamekeeper!!! & yes they reeled in big fish like they were fiddlers!!! Mine are scratched up though from heavy use offf the dam wall..but i cleaned and oiled them regular..I caught many fish off those babys:Happy:

15. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    congrats on the 2000th post and thanks for sharing i have never seen one of those reels and im sure it is worth a lot of money from the looks of it. i wouldn't fish with it anymore ether.

16. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I didnt realize Flamekeeper & myself both hit 2000 posts!!! Thanks!!

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Your right kenny them Morrums are the Kill!!! I have 2 of the M7700CL.My wife bought the first one direct from ABU for my birthday shortly after they first came out,I have the box and all of the contents,and the second one I got off Ebay three years ago and at that time I paid around 350.00 dollars for it I was ready to spend alot more and as the sale was comming to an end I placed my MAX bid at 750.00 dollars and my wife went BALISTIC!!!! She said you Crazy Old Goat You have lost it LOL.Both are in MINT condition.The one that I bought off Ebay didn't have the box but it is just as nice as the one I recived for my birthday.I have them mounted on Berkly E-Cats,The Origonal ones.I use them ocasionaly but they are ALWAYS in a rodholder and cleaned after each use.Being you are in the business of making the Cats Meyow in custom rods shoot me a PM on what it would cost to make me 2 rods fitting of them reels.I like a soft tip with plenty of backbone. 8ft.one piece, cork handle good guides that can handle braid and Wild Looking!!!!! I fish big baits in fast current(Missouri River) mostly around wing dams and at times in slack water behind them at night when the Flats leave there lair to feed at night.The largest i have boated was a 71lb. flat on Morrium and a E-cat,But I have also caught several large Blues in the 30 to 50 pound range and the Blues like faster current at least that is where I have cought mine here in Iowa.I have a cabin on the Missouri River by Blinco,Ia.Thank You for the Post and Thank You also for all you do for the B.O.C(Soon to be U.S.C.A.) and the Brotherhood.Your Friend,J.D.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You sure did, Sam....:laugh: Congratulations . Boy fishermen can sure talk alot HUH?..

19. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    You also hit 2000 Flamekeeper!!! Way to go!!1:cowboy: We been known to "share" a story or 2:secret:

20. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    300 for an Abu? For that much, you can take a Penn Salt water reel, and have it hotrodded out to way out preform ANY Abu! You can get an Accurate reel on Ebay for that much, and hands down, anyone who salt water fishes, will tell you, nothing better than an Accurate. Heck you can even get a Tuna Avet SX two speed reel for that much. Both of which leave Abu sitting in the dark.