The Rod Shop

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kansas bluecatter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just got back from the BPS national championship held in Memphis, Tenn. I wanted to bring to light that the two fish caught that exceeded the century mark was caught on poles made by the BOC's own national sponsor Tom Knox of the Rod Shop!!!!!! That's right, long time friend and colleage Phil King of Corinth, Miss. caught his 103 on a Phil King signature series Dirftmaster#3 and Carey Winchester caught his 108 on a John Jamison signature series Bluecat #2 both rods made by Mr. Tom Knox, owner and founder of The Rod Shop of Kansas City. I am proud to be on Tom's Pro Staff and be able to help bring such fine equip to the Catfish angling world and all of the fine BOC's followers. John Jamison:big_smile:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The Bluecat series is the best catfishing rod I've ever had the opportunity to use, and I can't wait to put them back in action tommorrow!

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Doug your actualy gonna go fishing? LOL Thought it was deer season

The rod shop rods are definatly very nice!

4. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    75 degrees is fishin' weather!

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    busy at work I see!

I'm in warsaw gettin ready to head out now, Have a good one!

good luck tomorrow!

6. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I was wondering how stiff are the bluecat #2. What type of action does the tip have?

7. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Demetrius, I believe the bluecat #2 has a mh type of action (for 2-6oz).They have a #3 and #4 for up to 24oz of weight! If Im correct on what I have read and the video Ive seen on these rods. I got to check-out and hold Phils and Tim haynes at the tournament and they are light, remember there series are graphite and John's signature rods are E-glass blanks. Hope this answers your question.:wink:

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'm not sure what the weight ratings for the various models are, but I regularly use 10 & 12 oz weights with my #2 rods.

9. kansas bluecatter

kansas bluecatter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Slimecat, The bluecat # 2 is 8' long made of e-glass with stainless steel guides, premium cork handle with a fuji reel seat. It has a MH tip but will throw up to 12 ounces fairly easy and could be used to throw more if needed. The bluecat # 2 has a soft enough tip to catch small 2-5 pound fish and has you know it is strong enough to handle a 108. If you want more info give me a call at 913-449-8935. Best John

10. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Hello John,
    I just wanted to say hi and tell ya congradulation to you,Phil and Tom on the great year of fishing the tournaments this year, and to Phil on such a great fish. I again say thanks alot to you both for designing them great rods at a affordable price:cool2: And a Big Thanks to Tom /Troy at The Rod Shop for the outstanding work that they put into each rod they build.

I haven't got one of yours yet, but I think you gave Tom some advise on the 2pc rod that he is finishing up for me now that will be shipped this coming Monday,thanks again.

big_smile:

Tight Lines and Big Fish to all.:wink:

11. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I meant to look and see if they are one or two piece.

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The Phil King & John Jamison rods are one piece. The Rod Shop can build you a two piece rod if you like.

13. peder

peder New Member

State:
    mn
    Thanks for the info on the bluecat #2, my check will be heading to the Rod Shop tomorrow. I have cabin fever bad. Went by the Minnesota river today and it was frozen solid, can't wait for April.

14. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You'll like the rod Dave. I've been adding a few more to my collection here lately. Another #2 Bluecat rod, and a #3 Driftmaster. I'm waiting patiently for my new #1 Bluecat rod which will get me to 6 Rod Shop rods in all.:big_smile:

15. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last year I bought 3 of the #3 and they turned out to be fantastic. This year I'm goin to add a #3 Driftmaster to my rod collection and if funds allow I might get a #4 Bluecat. Just purchased my second Shimano Tekota for these rods. These reels are a little pricey but well worth it in my mind. It is -7 at my house this morning, boy I can't wait for some warm weather.