The River Talks

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by OhioRiverCatfisher, Jul 11, 2008.

1. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am sure many of you have heard that the river talks. I enjoy fishing from the banks and dams and have heard the river talk many different times, all you gotta do is listen. I have met many people, different ages, different lives, races, income and this list could go on and on. Generation gap?? Seems to disappear at the river. I have heard stories of days gone by and days yet to come. I have met old timers that may no longer be of this earth but yet every time I visit the spot on the river that I met them I see them there. They are not gone, just part of the river now. When rivers overflow their banks it does not sometimes mean high water. It means the rivers have flowed into our minds and souls and remain there till eternity. BOC seems to be part of the flow of the river. I have been reading your wisdom (on fishing and more), laughing with you as I read some posts, feeling the pride as I read of your catches and enjoying the family bonds of fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. Yes, the river is even here on the internet and we are all part of it...........Thanks to the people of BOC for this nice place to meet, make friends and share some special parts of our lives. It is truly a Brother & Sisterhood Of Catfishing & Friendship!!

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    You fish the Ohio River, what part of WV you live? I pretty much live on the border of KY, WV, and OH. If you're close enough in August or September after I get my back surgeries out of the way and am able to fish.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    You are right on the money. The river is in my blood. Thanks for the great post, almost like poetry.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have got more info. and learned more from the oldtimers than anyone. i try to put there advice along with the weather conditions to place myself in areas ....rollo

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    i enjoyed this post so much i read it twice. I enjoy hearing the old guys speak of their experiences and the changes that have occurred over the years.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont think i could ever put that into words like you did i just wished everone felt that way.reps to ya

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for a very nice post. I do enjoy talking and the river makes it that much better!

8. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Great post and Welcome to the BOC!

9. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    I am Proud to be a MEMBER of this forum! It is informative and places information in the hands of those that are Learnig along with those who want to Share it. Great POST and Thank YOU!!!

HOPPY4