The result of insomnia and boredom

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Eithne, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    I'm tired of not sleeping and have run out of ideas on what to do in the middle of the night, so I'm starting a new thread in here. Kinda like the "Useless Posts" topic except not 30+ pages and all.

I'm tempted to see if anyone's got a great story they haven't told because it doesn't fit in any of the other threads. Or maybe someone wants to ask someone a question, but always forgot to do so. If so, go for it. Or maybe you just want to call me crazy for such a silly post at 6:00 in the morning. I wouldn't blame you if you did. LOL (Other randomness is also welcome, provided it falls within the BOC rules of course.)

For now, I'm going to post two pictures of my very strange kittens. The first is of the younger kitten "helping" with my homework. At least I don't ask her for the answers, like a certain mod-boy I've seen around here. :p The second is of the older kitten in my bathroom sink. Why he likes the sink I've yet to discover, but he likes it almost as much as he likes the tub (without the water of course).

(End note: Please excuse me and this post as I am seriously sleep deprived and very, very loopy at this point in case you hadn't already noticed.)

Attached Files:

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Cute kittens you have there. I don't have the insomnia problem, but I am stuck working nights here and can't sleep anyway. If you notice, I usually have a lot of posts in the early hours of the morning. Probably looks like I am hogging all the posts, lol, but actually, it seems like I am almost the only one on here at that hour and I have nothing else to do. So don't feel bad, you ain't alone and I know I have regretted some of the posts that I have made, being bleary eyed and tired. Some of my posts don't look so good after I have had some sleep and read them again in the daylight, lol. I get kind of cranky too. Oh well :D

3. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Good Morning Depraved One!
    I too have my moments of sleep depravity, course my age doesn't help my aches and pains.
    The wife and I have always had Cats and many of them. Right now Our "Sugar Puss" Alice, has been gone 4 days and we sure miss him! My guess is he found out what his special purpose is for. He will drink from the stool and sleep in the sink! Why we don't have the slightest!
    Our other Dear "Kiki" 12 year old spayed female Stays close, course she has moved several times with us over the years and knows where home is. She weighs 20 pounds and is such a dark Chocolate she looks black until you see her in bright sunlight. She has 2 splotches of white on her under belly that we kiddingly tell people are her bra and panties teasing that she is some kind of exhibitionist, just rub her belly and she'll show you! :D
    Well Dear I've got some reading to do so I'll go for now, I hope you get more responses to your thread. There are many of us that don't sleep so you fit right in! LOL, Joe

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I , at times, can not sleep at nights. This is due to my back injury. My back hurts me so much tears come in my eyes. I am very reluctant to take pain pills because I do not wont to " get hooked" on the pills. I wait until I can not stand it any longer before I take one. :sad:

5. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Ah I'm so glad to know I shall not be alone if I continue the late night/early morning posts. :D

Thank you for the kitten compliments. They are my best buddies and my worst nightmares at the same time. I find it funny that the didn't have any late night playing while I was up all night, especially considering they usually go into play-mode the moment I hop into bed. I swear they plot against me sometimes.

Jeremy - while I may now be joining you in the late night posting, I promise to do my best to keep them mostly understandable and to not to get cranky :p

Cataholic - thanks for sharing your cat stories too. Your Kiki is hilarious. My sister's cat has a preference for males and will roll over and flirt relentlessly once a guy steps into the house. lol

Top - I'm sorry that your BOC presence over night is a result of pain. I have had the same dilemma a few times when it came to taking pain medication for severe ailment. I guess I was just lucky that it was not too long-lasting of an afflication. I will keep you in my prayers.

And for a totally random picture. John's Savage 99, chambered in .308. (I still think I have a shot at getting a better buck than he does this year LOL)

Attached Files:

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, I had to work nights the last week or so (and have to again on Sunday). Not much to do when I'm still too keyed up from work to sleep but tired enough to be incoherent but post on the ol' BoC. I'm going to school online also, so when I'm up late doing homework, I wind up tabbing between here and my homework.

7. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

It's early and my eyes say go to bed, but I just wanted to say Alice came mewing at the back door just a few minutes ago! Momma was in tears happy that her "Sugar Puss" wasn't lost. I told her he found a sweetie and you know what that does to the boys. Alice ate for five minutes and got quiet so I went in the kitchen to see what he was doing and he had his head buried in a warm pan of potato soup ummmmmmmmmmm. He's now a fat and happy kitty ready for a nap... Just like me!

8. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Yay!! I'm so glad that he came back. He probably knew you had food just waiting for him. My oldest one would never leave an easy meal. He's getting to be a big chubby kitty too. :p

9. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I work the third shift, and it has always suited me. I had a chance to go to day shift, and I just couldn't do it. I had to get up at 3 am in order to be there by 5 am. Some days it would be midnite before I finally went to sleep. I started taking sleeping pills I got from the doctor. They worked, but I was sooo tired when I had to be awake and alert during my shift. I worked days for 2 months and had to go back to third to feel normal again. The overnite shift isn't bad though. Only one boss instead of a dozen on dayshift. I'm off all by myself on the other side of the plant from everybody else...out of sight...out of mind. I like it better that way though. I also get more fishing done when I'm working third shift. I catch lots of channel, blue cats, and flathead during the morning and afternoon following work. I walk out the door at 6 am in Joplin, Missouri, and it's only 45 minutes to the river in Chetopa, Kansas.

10. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    So I just remembered/was reminded that I have to take the new kitten to the vet in the morning. 8:20 a.m. appointment. I guess I'll be pulling another all nighter so that I don't miss it.

Now, besides the staying up all night I've started sleeping during the day because I'm too tired to do anything and I've been coughing all the time. I really hate being sick. :mad:

I guess this could get me ready to work a night shift though and it'll be that much easier to stay up all night for John's 5 year HS reunion which is coming up. November is turning out to be a very busy month for me.... :p

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I hope you and the new kitty get to feeling better.

12. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Thanks, but she's fine. A whiney, monster ball of fur that loves to see how many scratches she can give me. Just a routine vaccination for her. I'm definitely looking into those claw covers for her. Not only to save the carpet so I can get my security deposit back, but also to save my skin. I swear some people might get the wrong idea and want to have me commited with all the cuts she gives me. Apparently I make a better scratching post than the one I bought her. At least my older kitten is nice to me, cause she's a little pain. It's got to be that calico attitude. :p

Uh-oh...here she comes.... LOL

13. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Ah, another night of no sleep...such fun! Why yes, that is sarcasm dripping from my first sentence. :p The kitten is so very not happy with me since I had the vet put caps on her claws in addition to her shot. I don't really feel all that bad though because it's only a temporary problem until she adjusts and then she'll be playing normally and I won't be worried about her pulling the curtains down on herself.

Anyway, I have had such a lovely day full of great conversations with people I hadn't talked to in awhile. Not that all brought great news, but life seems to be moving forward and that is generally the idea, yes? I have also come to the conclusion that I must fish more. I just have to. I have not been fishing since late August due to school, work, and family obligations. This is no longer acceptable to me. In between my travels for birthday celebrations this next week (friends and relatives birthdays, not mine) I have vowed to make 2 fishing trips at the very least. I figure I can drag John out to the river this Sunday so that he can fish too and then go on my own Monday afternoon/evening since I no longer have class then. After all, I have yet to catch a catfish (sad, I know :crying: ) and it would be rather unfortunate for me to continue with this blemish on my record until next year.

So if you happen to notice this post and feel like taking a break from your regular BOC activities, please feel free to post here, private message me, or just hound me in chat to make sure I follow through with this vow. Also, any tips you wish to share with me in the hopes that I accomplish my goal would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

Time to be productive and clean the fish tank. Eww... :glare:

14. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Well i'm gonna at least wait til you finish cleanin that fish tank! :p

15. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Hey,Top.Sounds like getting "hooked" on pain pills are the least of your worries.Whats the worst that can happen?Is it worse than sleepless nights crying in pain?I know you didn't ask for my opinion,but my wife was worried about the same thing.She now will take a pain pill if needed-and her quality of life(and mine :)) has improved dramatically.Her dr. switches them around so they remain effective.

16. Eithne

Eithne New Member

State:
    OK
    Well my insomnia is back and annoying as ever. Tonight I'm spending it in the chat room with Bob. Anyone else care to join? :cool:

17. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Lack of sleep drive ya drink. Lol

I go through bouts of insomnia myself, and it can get pretty wicked. As someone who enjoys an adult beverage, I try to avoid Tylenol. And the tylenol PM's work pretty good for me to let me get some sleep. So, I did a search on the "drowsy" ingredient and found out it was.................Benedryl. So now I take a couple benedryl about an hour before I'm ready to go sleep when I've been having problems, and it usually let's me get some Zzzzzzzz's.
    Rat

18. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    As a cat owner you hve to remember the cardinal rule

Dogs have Masters
    Cats have STAFF!!!

I have to go now, mine is demanding kibbles.