The REEL Deal!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by ILChannelMan, Jun 16, 2007.

1. ILChannelMan

ILChannelMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    IDK how to do a poll, so if anyone wants to help me out, let me know.
    What kind of reel do ya'll use?

Baitcaster, open face spinning, or closed spin?

I'll start-

Baitcast
    Open-1
    Closed

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.

3. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i was tought how to use spinning gear since i was little so ive just stuck with it since. im gunna try a baitcaster here soon though. i have a couple closedface sincasting reels that i keep as backups or for buddys when they go with me.

4. C Hill

C Hill New Member

State:
    Catoosa, Oklahoma
    All my cat rods and some of my bass rods are bait cast, but some of my bass rods and all of my ultra lights are open faced spinning.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Baitcasters for catfishing. Spinning for bluegill and baitfish.:lol::smile2:

6. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I use open face or CT reels for bait fishing in the surf, bait caster or smaller open face reels for river fishing/pier fishing, and bait casters & spinning for plugging.

7. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I use spinning reels for freshwater and baitcasters for saltwater. Where I fish freshwater, I'd be lucky to get any fish >5#. In saltwater, I need a reel that can be used for trolling.

-- Rich

8. okiejc

okiejc New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Spincast and baitcast. Just learning the baitcasters.

9. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Fresh and saltwater bait casting reels,open face spinning reels,closed face spinning reels,trigger spin reels,Australian Alvy center pin reels,assorted sizes of hand lining reels,Shimano 2000 LD with level wind & lever drag,Mitchel 4/0 GL level wind,Penn 68 long Beach and Penn 345 GTI level wind.Some are mine and some are "on loan untill my death". I love you Brothers and Sisters,peewee

10. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    When catfishing, I ussually use 2 spinning rods with nightcrawler and liver and 4 biatcasters for live and cut bait.

11. Graywolf

Graywolf New Member

State:
    Peru, IL.
    I have three Abu bait casters on ugly sticks as my main outfits, several closed face for grandkid use, a couple of openface I rarely use, and one Zebco 888 I have on a 9 foot rod I call my flathead rod.
    I want to change everything to bait casters except for a couple poles for the grandkids to use.

12. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I use baitcaster for my main catfishing but I always take along some lighter tackle to play with. I love catching cat on open face spining and closed faced also. Using different set ups with different tackle is part of the fun.

13. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Baitcast for bass and catfishing
    Spinning for trout and crappie

14. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Have about a dozen Penn's from 9's to 6/0 for all bait fishing from catfish to sharks,two abu 5000 and one 6000 for casting artificial baits,one mh spinning rig ,just trying to find what it may be good for and several spincasters,mostly Zebco 33 and a couple Johnsons.Forgot about new Abu 9000 sence I haven't used it much yet but it fits right in with my Penn's.
    Jake

15. brotherknothead

brotherknothead New Member

State:
    Ft Campbell, KY
  16. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Baitcasters and spinning reels...I like the baitcasters better.....8' custom rod by Blackhorse83.....Tiger Lite rods for the smaller reels like my Blackcat 6500 and Pflueger Trion 66.....Line is Ande Premium Mono, and Ande Braid.....Dwight

17. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Shimano spinning I have tried others but always go back to my Shimano's.

18. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    To tell u the truth I like both I have caught bass and catfish on both spinning and casting reels. Both work u just have to know how to use them.

19. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    I use bothe spinning and bait caster

20. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    abu garicia 7000ic3 for men, zebco 33 for old men, and spinning gear for the ladies