The reason I have not hardly fished this year.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Jul 23, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Well I have hardly wet a line this year, I think I have been a total of 4 times all year, but here is why.

I get home from work, eat dinner with the wife and daughter, then work on the house until it is to dark to see what I am doing. By the time I pack up all the tools, and get home, it is almost 10:30 or so. Saturday and Sunday are daylight to dark.

But someday it will all be worth it!

A few pictures

Attached Files:

2. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    That is definitely worth putting fishing on hold for!

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    That house sure looks good, you can make up for the lost fishing when the house is done.

4. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    That is a really nice house you are building. Hope you get it done soon so you can get some fishing in.

5. Kojak

Kojak New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Man that house would without a doubt be worth a lost fishing summer, very nice. I almost feel unworthy, all ive done this summer is remodeled my kitchen. Guess I have no excuse lol.

Jerred

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Seems you are working on a beautiful home.Makes me anxious to have one for myself someday!! Hope all turns out well for you!:big_smile:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fine looking house Jeff. Looks like your doing a great job!

I can understand how it's taking all your spare time. We hired our home built, all except the lower level. Only allowed the contractor to build the outside walls down there. Wife and I finished the lower level, except we hired a crew to hang and finishing the sheet rock. I also did all the plumbing and wiring down stairs. We enjoyed it but I was already retired so had plenty time.

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice house. Nice coins on the corners. Looks like you're gonna have pretty deep sills under those windows. That stone looks like it was dug here locally. Anamosa Stone they call it. You also need a cornfield and a hoghouse in the background to make it look just right.

9. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas

LOL one thing at a time sir, one thing at a time. The stone comes from Arkansas City, right here in Kansas. The sills will be a little trickey. I am planning on them being deep, then using the chisel to break off the top corner to slope them away from the window, giving them a rough look, and taking away some of the depth as well.

Olefin, it is time consuming, to say the least. I hired out the electrical, but am doing the plumbing, all the exterior trim and siding, and roofing myself, and when I say myself, I mean myself. Nothing like wrestling a 12' slab of 12" hardiboard concrete siding around, hanging, and keeping level by yourself! I will hang the rock myself, but hire out the finishing, I just don't have the touch when it comes to finishing, same with the brick, I have hired it out. Once the drywall is done, I will do all the trim and cabinets, wood flooring and ceramic tile myself, but have carpet laid by someone else. Of course there is all the painting, and fixtures to install, not to mention all the blocking that goes into the walls for cabinets and such. Then there is the insulation.....MAN, I need more hours in the day!:eek:oooh:

One of these days there will be a small pond out back, maybe 2 or 3 acres, just enough to raise bait in, and give Brittany something to learn on. What you can't see is about 100 yards across the way from the front of the house is a 20 or 30 acre lake, stocked with SEVERAL flatheads over 20 lbs by yours truley, not to mention a dozen or so in the 10 lb range, and a 20lb channel cat, and several dozen channel cat in the 10 to 12 lb range.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    A lame excuse! LOL! Lookin good brother. I wish you and yours all the best in the new crib.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    nice house, Jeff. excellent job! invite me over to fish in your neighbors pond ole buddy:wink:

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    looks like a big one man! it will definately be worth it when its done :smile2:

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is a fine looking home.

14. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    dang fishing during breaks? lol i hope everything works out great for you it really is looking good so far bro! :big_smile:

15. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Place looks great Jeff.

16. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Thats the best you could come up with?! Some people just dont have their priorities straight...:smile2: