The REAL mans test of marksmanship!

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by field989, Jul 23, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    you know ur a REAL marksman when u can shoot a cricket @ 63 yards!...

well i did it today with my .17HMR ;D.... i cought a black cricket and got a wheat stem i put the cricket on the stem.. put it on the target and whalla.. a perfect test!... so i aimed up... kerpow splat.. no more cricket! i was AMAZED and to make sure i didnt just hit the stem that it was on.... i went up and sure enough... cricket guts On the target!!! thats some CRAZY stuff...
    i was very happy ; ) but i need to get a lighter trigger on my .17 the stock pull is like 8lbs.... WAYYY too heavy for showing off :D
    anyhow... another 60-70 bucks and that gun will be the best shooting gun i got!... ...
    lets hear some of ur guyses stories of marksman ship..

btw i am very pleased with the Marlin 917VS.... triger could be ALOT lighter.. but im gonna fix that soon : ).......... but other than that she shoots GREAT ... and only like 1/8 of a diff between. 17 grain bullets and 20 grain bullets! which blew my mind... i got it sighted in
    @ 75 yards...
    1/2 inch low @ 50 yards...
    3/4 inch low @ 25 and
    about a inch @ 15 yards

perfect for squirrel season... i do know that if i miss its my fault and not the guns lol

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    How did you put the cricket on the wheat straw?
    Inquesitive minds want to know. LOL!!

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    well first i asked the cricket if he/she was okay if i use him/her as a target and they completely agreed.. but then again it didnt know how good of a shot i was :smile2: anyhow i had the cricket in one hand wheat straw in the other... and combined em : )

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    mighty good shootin ,i once castrated a flea but was unable to find it afterwards.

5. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

lmao

6. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I put a quarter up on a splinter on a light pole from a set of transmisoin lines that run through the woods. I then walked to the next set of poles with my Winchester lever action 22 and proped up on the side of the pole. I shot at it 5 times and went to try again and I couldnt see it anymore. I didnt have a scope so I thought I had just lost the reflection. So I walked all the way back down there and sure enough it wasnt there. So i looked down to find it and there it was and come to find out that quarter had caught that bullet right dead center. It was stretched just enough you couldnt get the bullet out. I still dont know how far apart those transmisssion lines are apart so I dont know how far I was away and still havent been able to do it again.

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Jeff next time yer in the gun shop; tell em yer rifle shoots "minute of cricket" & see what their reaction is.......LOL

8. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    ok now time to see how good you realy are try this put a hard steam match at 60 yds and strike the match whith your riffle at 60 yds my grand daddy did it .... as close as i can get is to flick the end of the match away without breaking or damageing the match. hint you have to use the strike anywhere matches (theones with the white tip):smile2::tounge_out::wink:can you do it ....

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeff what kind of scope ya got on your 17.? just wonderin ,if my BSA dont pan out I may be in the market for one. I cant wait to get the time to run a few hundred rounds through mine and see what it'll do.

10. baitshop 2

baitshop 2 New Member

State:
    georgia
    if you want to look at a great scope for the price find someone in your area that sells kronus scopes they are great with lifetime warrnty ...:big_smile:

11. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

i got a Mueller APV.... GREAT scope clear as crystal!..

and WHAT A DEAL... 140 bucks for the silver one.... WELL WORTH IT.... A/O 4.5x14x(42 i think) great stuff right there!

12. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    you really want a test of your man hood. try taking out a cantelope at 1000 yds. yes thats right one thousand yds. Barret .50 cal sniper rifle with BMG ammo. i have doen it one time, but i had a sore should for a few days afterwards. tak me a few rounds to get a feel for it. my buddy who is Maine Corps Recon asked if we wanted to come out to the range with them and pop off a few rounds. Jumped on it like a live grenade. anyway they had the M40A3, the .50, and a couple others that i wasnt to interested in. I watched them take out playing cards at 600 with the M40A3. Talk about a good time. That was my manhood test. Besides getting mortared and having RPG's flying around in Afghanistan and Iraq, i dont think i have had more adrenaline pumping than that day.

13. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i was out at my grandpas and i was shooting his .17 and i saw a crow land about 200 yards away from me across a corn field. without thinking about it i raised the gun took aim and it was all over for the crow. this was my first time even holding this gun and i had only shot it 2 times before i saw the crow. ill attach the pic but WARNING it is a bit graphic. you dont even want to see me with a shotgun:]

Attached Files:

14. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    best shootin i ever did was when we glued a bottle cap to a sheet of plywood and stepped off 100yd. i got three shots in the cap before it fell off the board. probably couldn't do it again if i tried.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I split an arrow at 15 yards once.have both arrows to prove it. smokey

16. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    My Daddy went to a lot of trouble to teach me to never kill anything I wasn't goma eat so I've never shot a cricket because I don't eat them but I have shot a 16 nail at 85yds with a Browning ABolt 22mag while standing shooting off hand using no rest.

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I like vanilla waffers at 25 yrds., an you can eat yer misses. LOL

18. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I SHOT THE GUY HOLDING THE VANILLA WAFFER.
    AT 400 YARDS.
    HE WONT EAT MY VANILA WAFFERS AGAIN.
    ELWOOD:angry:

19. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Rodger: RANGE CLOSED! RANGE CLOSED! BELAY ON THE RIGHT, BELAY ON THE LEFT!

20. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I try lighting matches with my .17 at 50 yards can do it 1 out of 5 times! try it its a blast!!!