Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

The Rambling Thread, Vol. 197

50K views 990 replies 27 participants last post by  Mac-b 
#1 ·
Now is the time for all Americans to come to the aid of their country.

#500 ·
Johnnie McKee (Pits) is MIA, but today is his birthday according to FB.

Sixty here, heading for 73 this afternoon.

Heart beat has dropped in three days from a range of 117 to 122 to 97 to 100, not bad, no adverse effects noticed.

#502 ·
I went after the boxes of food yesterday morning. The lady said next weekend will be the last one. Said the government is shutting them down. I didn't ask if it was local, state or federal. Stores could be saying it's hurting their sales. The youngest son said they didn't need anything, maybe next weekend. I told them I wanted 3 boxes. Talked with the guy that was directing the line and didn't watch the loading. Got home with 6 boxes. Looked through them all, took 3 quarts of yogurt and a block of cheese. First stop was at my daughter's, she took 2 gallons of milk, 1 quart of yogurt, 1 pint of sour cream and a block of cheese. A stop at the oldest son's, he took 2 gallons of milk, 2 quarts of yogurt, 2 blocks of cheese, 1 pint of sour cream, 2 bags of apples, 2 bags of potatoes, 1 bag of onions. Back to my house, the skinny neighbor takes 2 gallons of milk, 2 bags of apples, 1 bag of onions, 1 bag of potatoes. New neighbor across the street is sitting up his grill. We talk a bit, there will be family over later. He takes a bag of onions, a bag of apples, a bag of potatoes, A block of cheese, a pint of sour cream, 4 bags of pre cooked chicken legs and leg quarters. Said they would rinse them and throw them on the grill with bbq sauce. Will let me know if they like the chicken. I've got 8 bags of chicken in the fridge encase they do. Got a box with apples, potatoes and onions waiting to do something with.
Talking with my oldest son about leaving the camper jacked/blocked up while getting tires mounted he looks for old wheels. Got a pair of 12" that match. Can't find a date code on either. I bought these wheels when I built a small boat trailer. Date on the rims were 1978. I jacked the camper up on one side and swapped the 14" for the 12" wheels. Ran a chain with lock through the rims so they won't roll, placed chocks at front and rear of wheels. Stacked them and spare on the patio with the new tires. Got all the tools put back where they came from.
Friday, heading home I called Debbie about picking up something for dinner on the way home. Pizza Pizza sounds good so I stop for a cheese, pep, 3 meat and cheesy bread. All 3 of our stomachs churned that night. We didn't get far from the bathroom Saturday.
Watched the zoom auction last night. 1 1/2"X15' ratchet straps were $4, got 4. A gallon of Dawn dish soap was $9, got 1, it's $13 at Sam's, $21 at walmart. A 12 pack of CBD oil was $12, got 1. I've seen that brand at the smokes store for $55 per bottle. They had a 10' Zebco Crappie Buster telescopic rod that sold for $12. It had the top guide and no reel seat. The same B&M rod at walmart is $9.

#504 ·
Didn't take boat out. Instead went to a local pinch point on river. 4 eaters, carp, and a bunch of finger kitties. Ma even sat on sandbar with me. River very low.

Started to get a few sprinkles so cane home. Now watching SDSU get beat.

Sounds like drugs doing good so far for you.

Nice bunch of pan fish.

Have one of those zebco 10ft crappie rigs. A bit to flimsy. Like the 8ft better. Catches many chubs for me. Even a 2 lb channel one time.

Later

#508 ·
68 degrees out this am with heavy rain. Went to a local spot with all the locals to see if they where catching anything. There where over 30 lines in the water from 1 side of Minnow Loop to the other with all manner and sorts of bait. Rain got really heavy for a while. Only 1 fish was caught total a small Buffalo. Its not making sense I've fished this lake for over 25 years never seen it this slow this late in the year.

#509 ·
chilli for supper...not eating...fed the deer...managed not to go to town for a cold diet mountain dew
1-liter...mike and tonya made a raised garden bed this afternoon with 16-bags of soil...they put
wire around it to keep the deer from eating it...at 6-p.m. i'll smoke my last smoke and try not to
buy anymore...wish me luck...SCATS...

#512 ·
One of my wifes oldest clients and friends got married back in the winter. Now that restrictions have been lifted they had a reception Saturday. Food, drink and a good time without having to sit thru the ceremony. I like it!

Havent seen mom in a couple of weeks for various reasons. Went down and spent 3 hrs. visiting yesterday afternoon.Wife and both pups went too. El rides in a vehicle well with no problems.

#514 ·
We went to the younger son's house yesterday afternoon. Sat at the table most of the time and talked. There were a few stacks of photos on the counter top so we looked at them. All were of our grandson over the years.
They bought new outdoor/camping chairs. We tried them for a bit and liked them. Left and headed to Academy Sports for a pair of Magellan Wyatt Tension chairs @ $25. They have a carry/shoulder strap on the bag and on the chair. On the back top of chair is a strap lock so it doesn't fold out while carrying, like on shopping carts for the little ones. They didn't have many, only black with grey or blue with grey. They will take the place of the old heavy Lewis & Clark director chairs.
It's 5 pm and we are starting to get hungry. We'll stop at Lenny's sub in Southaven. Nope, it's a wing shop now. Head back to Olive Branch to Lenny's. Got our subs and head home.
Watched the zoom auction while eating. Not much I wanted or how I would have to buy. I liked the solar motion pathway lights for $3 but didn't want 24 of them. The Zebco telescopic rod sold for $8, must take 4. Mouse glue boards, 2 per package, 6 packages per box. I got it for $1.25 per pack, $9, only 1 he had.
I-40 bridge at Memphis. They are investigating old inspections. A May 2019 inspection shows the same damage as what closed the bridge last week. ArDOT continues investigation into 2019 footage of crack in I-40 bridge

#515 ·
made it to the sedalia V.A. appointment and back okay...rained both ways...it's quit now...speaking of
quit...i bought a pack...will try again at the end of this pack...made it 13 or 14 hours...mike and dan
the neighbor at the end of the road are putting derik's stairs in place with a skid-steer...SCATS...
had chicken salad sandwiches from beth's osage mini-mart...where i gassed up...leeboy...

#526 ·
#519 ·
I got the camper up on blocks, wheels and new tires in truck. Get to Sam's at 3:40 for a 4 pm appointment. You have your invoice? (The guy didn't say anything about an invoice when I made the appointment.) It's in my email. I stand there for 30 minutes trying to open my email, says I need a new password. Made a new appointment for 11 am tomorrow, will fit me in. Back home, took 30 minutes to get my email account back open.
Waiting to talk with skinny neighbor. See if they print from their computer. Send the invoice to their email. If not, I'll send it to my daughter. Will have to drive 35 miles out of the way to get the copy in the morning.
Rain tonight. Tires will get rinsed inside and out.
Get the phone open again to my email. Enter the password that I just changed on my computer. Wrong password.

#521 ·
caught a break in the rain...fed the deer...mike was walking outside in his underwear earlier...
good thing about being in the woods is you can do that,and pee outside...lottsa wildlife here
a family of chipmunks lives a couple of paces from my front door...i've seen redbirds no not
cardinals,i've got a hummingbird that visits...and every night is hoot-owl night...only bad
thing is ten miles each way...i'm waiting ona letter from mechanic's bank to set up the
automatic payment of my car loan due june nineth...also waiting on the title to come
back...tonya has her nissan rouge financed through them...they are outta sacramento
ten miles each way to town is the bad thing...tonya's mom and brother are coming down
the end of the month for a few days...the concrete stairs are in place so that she can
see derik's place...night y'all...SCATS...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.