Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

161 - 180 of 437 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #165 ·
Good morning from Lake Norman, home of more NASCAR owners, crew chiefs, tire changers, mechanics, and others connected with NASCAR than any other community there is, ain't dat sumthing. Also, a lot of them stay on the lake after retirement.

Enough bragging, now back on the dead end road along the shores of Lake Norman, yours truly worked his butt off yesterday, and thus, I pulled the sheets up under my chin a little after seven thirty and went bye bye and up at 3:30 AM ready fer another day, which will not be work related.

A little chilly this AM, like 47 degrees right now with a high of 64. Clear skies and some wind out of the SE.

Catfishing reports coming into me yesterday were mixed. Some tonned it (like catching 30), while others struggled, only catching a few, but dats fishing..

My Buddy, Rawhide, a Stripper fishing legend, informed me Thursday that he had one side of his jaw replaced due to cancer and spent thirty days in the hospital during surgery and other types of treatment. His wife has to feed him through a tube to his stomach. He will survive, but not to his liking I'm sure. Hide and myself are both the same age, but he's three months older than I.

·
Premium Member
23,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
mike and dillon are fishing in the pontoon...tonya is off with connie(a class mate)her darts buddy...so i
have doggie duties...did business and got my lottery tickets...SCATS...
i know they are trolling for spoonbill...i'll let you know if they catch anything...leeboy...

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,080 Posts
Actually those new fangled inflatable pfds can be under that jacket. But then when you get home you remember you have it on. They only inflate for maybe 20 minutes or so. But if you are in 45 degree water you probly gone already. Oh, thats right. Water warmer there.

Makes one start wonder when your turn is alot. You said he only a couple months older. Couple of my truckin buddies have had strokes. Wonder when my turn is. After all I within a year of them. One had his a couple years ago.

Been catchin any at the lake there Lee?

Power washed under semi this noon. Getting alot of that oil residue off from the cat failed crankcase vent valve. Dirty job, laying on creeper with powerwasher and spraying. You get some splash back. Thing getting old, 1.6 mil on it now. Think we will retire together.

Later

·
Premium Member
23,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
The fish in this video went from one side of the boat to the other, that why I'm in the position in the boat that I'm in and why this camera caught the action that it did. I failed to turn the GoPro off after landing the catfish and I'm glad I did. It lets those that don't drift observe what take place, such as how the rods can pull a loose hang up lose, the slow speed I drift, using the trolling motor rabbit function when you hang up and etc. The video is 15.23 minute long and at the end you get to see a fish strike and runs with the bait. Another camera shows me bringing in the fish when this camera got hot or something and shut down..

GOPR1767/Lake Norman/Blue Catfish/April 17, 2021 - YouTube

·
Old Squeezer
22,214 Posts
I HATE TELEPHONES! Well maybe not all of them - land lines are still OK.

Between April 14th and today I have "inconvenienced" several companies and even the IRS.
I do not have a "smartphone" and have no contract with anyone to receive text messages.

This has caused the IRS to turn down a request for information and now I have to go there in person.

Red Lobster seats people by text message. I don't have text so we were told to go sit down by the door and check back in a few min. We left.

Best Buy in my neighborhood is "call in the order and we will text you when it is ready". I went to Target.

Home Depot and Menards will let me place orders and pay for them by e-mail BUT I have to actually go inside to pick them up because the "We will bring it right to your car requires texting.

The drive thru at McDonalds or White Castle do NOT require texts.

I do have a cell phone. It has a flip cover and don't take pictures or receive texts. Works for me.

·
Premium Member
Bill. South Dakota
2,080 Posts
Turn my texts off. As a comercial truck driver, and the comercial truck company owner the pnealties are high. Texting in a comercial vehicl, driver gets about 14 tho fine. The owner gets over 24 tho fine. That would be a 38 tho fine to text in semi. This also includes your local electrican, plumer, or other workers in a comercially licenced vehical.

If one cannot call you maybe they cannot speak the languge.

Thursday there was an auto driving from 40 to 50 mph down I29 in Iowa. Weaving abit. Finnally got around him. Phone up on steering wheel and both thumbs flying. Many cars pass me with one hand on wheel, other holding phone low. Phone lit up.

In commercial vehicles we can recieve and send calls via a headset or bluetooth only.

I agree with the go eleswhere philosofie with texter businesses.

Later

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Yawn been a fun 2 days spent a lil time with grandson. Whent Friday evening slaughtered the whites and hybrids big fish about 5 lbs most 1 lb kept 18. Dinner tonight.
Filled the boat with spoonbill today 3 limits 2 1/2 hrs casting 1 10/0 treble 1 foot above 8 ounce bank sinker. Oldest boy got a jaw banded one. Lee tell Mike get below bagnel 54 they stacked in there
or or get to wigwam head up river divers bumping bottom .

·
Premium Member
23,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
This video depicts the catfish that bend the rod at the end of the last video that I posted yesterday >>> GOPR1768/LKN/Blue Catfish/April 17, 2021 - YouTube
Here are a few more
GOPR1769/LKN/Channel Catfish/April 17, 2021 - YouTube, this was a frisky Channel catfish.
GOPR1769/LKN/Channel Catfish/April 17, 2021 - YouTube
GOPR1567/LKN/Blue Catfish/April 17,2021 - YouTube

Baits in the water yesterday around 7:30 AM and out a little after 10:00 AM. Total count was six blue cats and three channels.

Cheap, I still use the flip phone, but the Squaw has one of them smart phones.

Troy, I like them photos of the Spoons, wish we had um.

161 - 180 of 437 Posts