Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

841 - 860 of 884 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #842 ·
Heck yeah.

Got some good news from the Audio Doc. VA will now pay for ear drum repair outside of their system. Told him I would have to do some research on it before I say YES.

I will have to go back at the end of June to get my new hearing aids.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,060 Posts
I dont know about the states you guys live in. In hot lanta theres all these commercials about fighting hunger. I cant remember the last time i saw a "too" skinny kid. I guess it was in Africa.
Troy,
Need to get you a government subsidy to supply fish to all the starving folks out there.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Two Rivers operate a plant in MS. For local commercial fishermen it isn't bad, but for those that have to drive a distance it doesn't pay well. There's been talk of installing cooler vending machines in areas that are far from the plant. The cooler will ID the fish, weight it and give you a check for your deposit. I'd like to see one at every spillway I fish.
KY is the only state that is doing something that helps. All states must do something, change their rules.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Debbie is still in the hospital. They are running blood and pee tests 24 hours per day trying to find out what's wrong. Her white blood count was up to 24,000 and the throwing up stopped. They got it down to 15,000 and throwing up started again. Normal is 11,000. One doctor wants a poop sample. She hasn't pooped since Sunday morning. She ate half of her dinner Sunday night, woke up throwing up and it hasn't stopped, mostly stomach acids. She talked with a NP yesterday, told her everything that's happened. Now to get the doctors to look for something else. She hasn't ate since Sunday, throwing up liquids is bad enough.

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #854 ·
I had a sad telephone call this afternoon while I was catching bait off my dock. It was a client that I took fishing maybe nine or ten years ago. The guy hired me to more or less take his nephew fishing and he would just tag along and pay the fee and let the kid bring in all the fish. The kid must have been six to eight years old then. The fellow calling said ever since the trip he keep asking when they could go out with me again. This fellow is a hard working dude and it would be an expense he couldn't afford. I also gave the kid a 'fishing with Mac' cap and he said his nephew still wears it eventho the bill of the cap is frayed. The uncle told him that if he would make good grades and graduate he would call me and set up a trip.

Well, several weeks before graduation he was DX with Cancer and that they would start chemo and radiation after his graduation. I then told this guy that come this Fall, if my health improves, I will take him on a two or three hour outing, free of charge. If I can't do it, I have several guys good at catfishing and I'm sure they would take him if I asked.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,060 Posts
And i was half joking about the government subsidy. LOL

Keith,
Animals just dont feel pain the way we do. Have your female pup spayed. Shell walk gingerly for 3-4 days. I had a hernia surgery in my 20s. 6 weeks later i went to hang a lock on deer stand. Almost couldnt do it.

Canebreak prayers for debbie.

20210610_073018.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #857 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Doctors report: Potassium level super low, white blood count super high. Caused by a reaction of the meds she takes and the new seasoning I used on the butt. I took a sample of the meat to the hospital.
The seasoning I used was Fat Boy Memphis Rub with a best used date of 6/7/21.
She called, doctor will release her to come home today. We know how long that can take. She'll have a few more meds to take daily.

841 - 860 of 884 Posts