Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

821 - 840 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
We did a 3 day family camping trip. All but the 2 oldest grandkids, they stayed home pet sitting. Got to the campsite setting up and the slide out won't go out with the switch. Had to use the crank, that will wear you out fast. Works fine bringing it in. I'll head to the rv parts store asap. Oldest son was in a tent, their 15 amp breaker kept tripping. Good thing I had a 30/15 adapter. It rained most of the day Sunday. We had to do some digging at his site so water wouldn't stand. Walked the campground looking for the better sites while it was wet. Daughter and granddaughter pitched a tent on our site.
Friday evening we caught 12 eight inch skip jacks on white 1/32 twister tail jigs. Saturday morning we baited 16 jugs with them from kayaks. Caught a 2 1/2, 4 and 5 lb bass on the heads, 27 ft deep in 35 ft of water. Boat traffic got bad between 9 and 1. We had been on the water 7 1/2 hours when they slowed down. Pulled the jugs up and paddled across the wide creek.
Sunday morning I'm sitting under the awning with coffee watching others pack up in the rain. One guy across from us is out with a towel over his head and back getting his camper ready. I pour another cup as he is pulling off. Hear a snap and watch him leave dragging the cord. I walked over later to see all 3 blades from his cord are still in the 30 amp outlet.
Debbie got sick during the night Sunday. She moved from the bed to the couch so I could sleep. Still sick this morning as I was getting my day started. I got everything packed up then got her to the truck. Still sick on the way home. Called the kids to see if any of them had something for her. Sent the granddaughter to the oldest son's house for some pills while I backed in the camper. 30 minutes after taking 1 of the pills she was sleeping. She got a good 4 hour nap while I unloaded the truck. I'll unload the camper tomorrow.

·
Registered
Mark from Bartlesville OK
1,675 Posts
Place south of us got 13.7 inches of rain Monday morning in 6 hours. Storm west of Tulsa about 6 inches. We didn't get any and didn't need it. Closed hwy 75 and I 44 for a brief time. They won't need any rain for a few days.

I need it to dry out so I can get my floor ready to pour.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,060 Posts
Thunderstorms,
There hit or miss this time of year. We had just a little rain sunday nite. I get to the plant yesterday morning. (6 miles by crow) The footers on the new construction look like a mote. Best thing that happend yesterday. I got to witness the construction foreman cuss out our maintenance manager for being a sorry piece of &%&$*. I feel like doing it on a regular basis but have to be more diplomatic.

Grilled some chicken tenders to go with lima beans and mac n cheese. Made a big pot of jambalaya too.

Rekon she likes her new home?

20210606_220521.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #827 ·

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I got up at 10:15 today and turned on the coffee maker. It's raining, I open the door and Sasha backs up. Debbie isn't doing any better so I took her to the ER. I stay outside so I can leave to smoke. She called, told me to go home since they are still working with her.

·
Registered
Steven from Georgia
1,060 Posts
I noticed the other day one of my tail lights was out on my boat trailer. Went to fix it yesterday. There is really no way to fix it. No screws to take it apart. The clear lens on the bottom is removable. The opening is so small you cant get anything but needle nose pliers in there. Both bulbs blown up. Crushed the bigger one and couldnt get it to budge. Makes no sense at all. Everyone knows your going to have to replace the bulbs. Thats just how it works. I cant imagine why boat trailer manufacture would use that type. I ordered a new sealed LED set. We will see.

Had a strong thunderstorm shortly after dark yesterday. Must have had some more rain during the night. Trees still dripping when i took the puppy out earlier. We dont need it. lake is 1.5 over full pool. Wish i could send it to some of you who do.

·
Premium Member
24,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #838 ·
I did some multi-tasking yesterday. I had the smart idea that I would bait up two mini rigs for bait fish and while they were soaking in the lake, I would change my terminal tackle over to suspended rigs for some river channel fishing. Little did I know the small perch were in the area and they kept me busy. An hour job ending up being almost three hours due to the perch bite interrupting, but I'm not complaining.. Dock fishing ain't bad, IJS.

Didn't take me long to see why the small perch were close by, I kept seeing schools of small fry swimming around.

I have a 9:30 AM appointment to get my hearing check by an audiologist at the VA clinic in Hickory, some 45 minutes away.

821 - 840 of 882 Posts